Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

114 in a 65

2K views 35 replies 14 participants last post by  Mott Power 
#1 ·
Got pulled over for speeding last night... walked away with a ticket. Could have got away but carb issue a limit me around 135 mph. What's some of yalls speeding tickets?

#3 ·
I know bro it's bs... I was getting away no problem then she started burping the more throttle I gave her... anything past 130 was a burp... fkng blows... yah he was going to take me to jail but I just played like I didn't see him chasing me... he gave me a flash for a warning at first and then he heard me hammer down going across the bridge.. so he came after me.. I told him I was tired and just got back from Florida trying to get home... he said I got the camaro motor you wouldn't have got away.. I was like nope.. sure wouldn't have... under my breathe I was saying if my fkng carb wasn't jacked you never would have seen me again...

#12 ·
I know bro it's bs... I was getting away no problem then she started burping the more throttle I gave her... anything past 130 was a burp... fkng blows... yah he was going to take me to jail but I just played like I didn't see him chasing me... he gave me a flash for a warning at first and then he heard me hammer down going across the bridge.. so he came after me.. I told him I was tired and just got back from Florida trying to get home... he said I got the camaro motor you wouldn't have got away.. I was like nope.. sure wouldn't have... under my breathe I was saying if my fkng carb wasn't jacked you never would have seen me again...
I didn't flat out run.. he blue lighted me and never came so I just kept on rollin. I saw him coming a little down the road and was like. . . .you know what fk that downed a gear and the bike acted dumb so I pulled over.. I ran on foot years ago.. 110 days in jail and 3200$ later I was free..
You're right, you didn't run, and you're the most responsible rider/human in the world. :popcorn:

#5 ·
I'm not bragging. I was sharing an experience on the forum. Speeding is stupid on the highway but it was 2 am and I had been riding 6 hours and was gonna speed the trip up. No cars around so I twisted the throttle. I can see this reeeallly erks you to read... I'll turn loose control of your finger so you don't click another dumb thread

#9 · (Edited)
99 in a 60, 16 years old........ in a 1991 Corolla. All together I probably had 20-25 (I lost count) tickets for speeding, no insurance, no registration, suspended license etc, all before about 21 years old. I wound up having to get SR-22 insurance to get my license back. Spent way too much money on insurance and tickets. Learned my lesson but I still wind up with the occasional (as in once every couple years) 10-15 over ticket in my cages. I just pay the lawyers now.

Running from cops is stupid, grow the fcuk up and head to the track.

#11 ·
I didn't flat out run.. he blue lighted me and never came so I just kept on rollin. I saw him coming a little down the road and was like. . . .you know what fk that downed a gear and the bike acted dumb so I pulled over.. I ran on foot years ago.. 110 days in jail and 3200$ later I was free..

#14 ·
I had to hire a lawyer for a "racing on the highway" and "155 in a 55" Wreckless ticket. Both felonies at the time of charges but
the dumbass cops did not understand what they were doing. The irony of it all... I knew the cops were present at the end of the bridge and was going
5 mph under the posted. After we passed the first car posted... a fleet came out of the woods to road block us.
All I can say is street riders with sportbikes are ****ing bitches. Out of 50+ bikes cited that night... I was the only one to take it to trial.
The Judge ordered a bench trial because it was pretty apparent how bad this "DUI squad" ****ed up. Most idiots took a lower charge and paid fines.
I didnt and ended up in felony court fighting the charges.
At every part of the process... the State would send a different prosecutor to the hearing. First I got a law student. Then I got a junior assistant. 3rd time
it was someone who reviewed the case then tried scare tactics saying she had video proof (dash cam footage) I was speeding. I looked at my lawyer & told her... bring it to trial! :D
For the actual trial... the State brought out their best litigator. You could tell the guy had sold ice to eskimos. However with no jury... he had to only rely on presenting the facts... which was absolutely funny. The worst thing he could say about me was "You were cited for 73 in a 65 and youre telling the Court you dont speed?"
The best part of the trial was watching the Keystone cops flip flop on who saw what... since the Judge cleared the courtroom. Made the 1st officer exit a different direction from the 2nd. The final decision was handed down 3 weeks later... not guilty. However the charges still show up on a background check... but no mention of the decision or did the State follow through on expunging it.

#16 ·
Goes like this. The cop was pissing In the bushes when I passed and the car automatically warns with two blue bars in the windows. I slowed down at first to 68 and when I realized down the road he wasn't coming I continued to throttle it. Then down the road I saw those blues coming and said to myself.. this is bs . . .I'm already gone why are you coming now?? So I took off until the bikecstarted to shit at 135 and I knew then I needed to stop. He said he was going tob let me go until he heard me get back in the throttle... so technically at first I didn't run.

#17 ·
Jesus man. . A load of crap for a little fun.. he could have thrown me in jail but he said I was the nicest person he'd ever pulled over lol... he said I couldn't be charged with reckless endangerment because I was the only one on the road ... but I'm probly looking at 500$ or a little worse when it's all said and done...

#18 ·
About 10yrs ago: 74 in a 40….. Ticket was ~$300, but I didn't pay it. Then, I got this little post card in the mail that said: "If this postcard can find you, so can we". At that point, I had a warrant, so I paid the….now $400. It was stupid, I was stupid. I did the wheelie thing and the running from the cops thing back in the day. Now, I just don't. I'm too old, with too much to lose, now. Besides, I get way more excitement doing a 15mph curve @ 40+mph, than I ever got from doing triple digits, in a straight line.:fact

#20 ·
last time i got a speeding ticket was back in 2003, i tried to fight it because the cop lied his ass off. He said i was doing 83 on a 55 and he didnt have no radar. He wrote up the ticket on a yellow write up ticket that he saw me with his eyes coming that fast lol. I used to live in NYC back at that time, bottom line of the story..i lost the case because of no other witnesses and the judge told me "There's a first time for everything" lol..bullshit system i tell ya...ever since then i've been keeping it safe because i got well played by this court system. And not to over exaggerate i was doing about 51mph...i knew he was there, he's always there.

#21 ·
…..of course it could be argued…..and rightly so, that I am still stupid for doing that on the "streets". The speed limit on the road is 35-45….the "recommended corner speed limit"….on the yellow sign, is 15-20. I do wear full gear, and I have accepted the risks (that is how I justify it in my mind). A semi low speed low side…..to me…..is preferable to any kind of high speed crash (on the street). There is a track day in my near future, and who knows…..I may become a track addict and give it up on the street..??? That's just my 2 cents.

#23 · (Edited)
Screw it - I'll bite at the topic. The only "worthy" ticket I got on a bike was doing a wheelie past an undercover cop; he was very angry... (the other deputy said it was pretty decent) There were also quite a few laughs in court when the judge read my charges aloud, had it all reduced to a parking ticket and increased fine with no points. Other than that I usually just have fun on on/off-ramps and keep the speeds down on roads, or at least when I used to still ride on the road frequently. After my first track day, all that squid-ly stuff was left in the past...

I got in more trouble with my cars; once had a cop chasing me for about 10 miles in my M5 before he flipped on the lights after I got stuck in traffic. He actually admitted it was kind of fun and knew I wasn't running or that I didn't even notice him since he was so far back all the time and it was dark out.

#25 ·
M5 is a car you don't even notice 100-140 mph in. It's so well balanced and smooth...I have a friend who has one and a spleen s7. I'd much prefer the ride of the m5. It had the gold bolt kit or something in it...badass. .so you didn't get a charge?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.