Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

Broken R6 FS Questions

633 views 8 replies 5 participants last post by  tones160 
#1 ·
Hey all, I recently came across an 07 R6 with a hole in the engine for 1900$$. Bike has a 14k on it. Comes with a bunch of extras like gear, stands for front and back, other misc stuff. Is this a good price or should I try getting him to go lower? I don't need the extra crap, I just want the bike.

Thnks.

#3 ·
It's an r6r. Pretty comfortable with mech skills. Got yt plus these forums for how to and diy. Title wouldn't matter much, this will be a track bike however I believe it's clean. I have an 11 skull edition that's sits in a garage until I get my skillset up on my r3.

#5 ·
How'd it get a hole in the engine? If it was crashed hard enough to end up with a hole in the cases I'd be concerned about other things being bent up.

If it threw a chain or a piston, and wasn't crashed, it makes more sense and you've got less to worry about.

#7 ·
So what are you gonna do now? o_0? Something let go in the engine but he doesnt know what??? Not enough for me...i would have him lower it by $500 and try to find a new engine lol. Sorry but i dont trust it, but then again it's your time and money. Best of luck in whatever you choose.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.