2017 R6 is OUT!!! - Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums
 132Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 730 (permalink) Old 10-13-2016, 07:04 AM Thread Starter
Just made this great wheelie.. did you see it?!

2017 R6 is OUT!!!

Here we go ladies.
To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

They added:
New Magnesium Subframe
43mm KYB Forks
4-Piston Monobloc Calipers
ABS Standard
7 Level Traction Control: 6 Modes + OFF
D-Mode: 3 Different Throttle Settingsa
Lightweight Aluminum Gas Tank
Flatter Narrow Seat ( I wonder if this helps with the inseam issue I as a short guy have)
Pre-wired for a quick shifter... Pre wired was their key word.

Last edited by TurkPowered; 10-13-2016 at 08:36 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 730 (permalink) Old 10-13-2016, 07:14 AM
I eat my R6

Bike: 2008 Yamaha R6
Re: 2017 R6 is OUT!!!

Meh
pro-r6 likes this.
post #3 of 730 (permalink) Old 10-13-2016, 07:30 AM
aka: Mother Goose

Bike: '07 R6

Looks good! But doesn't look like the motor changed at all.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #4 of 730 (permalink) Old 10-13-2016, 07:37 AM Thread Starter

I added some updates to original post.
scottp83 likes this.
post #5 of 730 (permalink) Old 10-13-2016, 07:38 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by chadwick View Post
Looks good! But doesn't look like the motor changed at all.
That's EXACTLY what I expected. They were very happy with their engine, specially with last years. Would be crazy to try to change the engine.
post #6 of 730 (permalink) Old 10-13-2016, 07:44 AM
aka: Mother Goose

Bike: '07 R6

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurkPowered View Post
That's EXACTLY what I expected. They were very happy with their engine, specially with last years. Would be crazy to try to change the engine.
I was expecting it too. I just had a little hope that they'd give it the titanium fracture connecting rods that are in the R1 or the magnesium covers.

Oh, and add the new subframe to your list on the first post.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #7 of 730 (permalink) Old 10-13-2016, 07:46 AM
I eat my R6

Bike: '06 R6, YZ250F, YZ125

It is sweet. For some reason I was expecting more. Maybe that is wrong of me, I dunno. I prefer the 06-16 looks-wise, but the new one still looks good. I like the things they added, but I just expected the motor to get some updates. Odd that it didn't change, IMO. I realize the 16 motor is 'good enough' but just how things are, with vehicle updates, I figured it would get improved somehow. I'm sure it is a great bike. It doesn't make me want to ditch the 3rd-gen for it immediately, however. It will be cool to see them popping up and seeing what people think though. But I don't see myself getting one anytime soon.
jymie.ha likes this.

post #8 of 730 (permalink) Old 10-13-2016, 07:59 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by chadwick View Post
I was expecting it too. I just had a little hope that they'd give it the titanium fracture connecting rods that are in the R1 or the magnesium covers.

Oh, and add the new subframe to your list on the first post.
Thanks bro. I missed that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AH665R6 View Post
It is sweet. For some reason I was expecting more. Maybe that is wrong of me, I dunno. I prefer the 06-16 looks-wise, but the new one still looks good. I like the things they added, but I just expected the motor to get some updates. Odd that it didn't change, IMO. I realize the 16 motor is 'good enough' but just how things are, with vehicle updates, I figured it would get improved somehow. I'm sure it is a great bike. It doesn't make me want to ditch the 3rd-gen for it immediately, however. It will be cool to see them popping up and seeing what people think though. But I don't see myself getting one anytime soon.
Yeah I see where you are coming from. I honestly think this is as much as you can expect from a 600cc budget. Would have been perfect for me if they added that stock quick shifter. They said pre-wired, which I am assuming means a quick shifter can easily be added but it is not currently on it.
post #9 of 730 (permalink) Old 10-13-2016, 08:06 AM
IDGAF

Bike: 2014 R6

Sticker went up $1200 bucks….to start. Justifiable, considering all the new electronic goodies. I like it, but like AH said…..not enough to rush out & buy one…..in March
post #10 of 730 (permalink) Old 10-13-2016, 08:11 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Resurrected1 View Post
Sticker went up $1200 bucks….to start. Justifiable, considering all the new electronic goodies. I like it, but like AH said…..not enough to rush out & buy one…..in March
My last bike (R6) was stolen from me... Seeing how I don't have a bike, this is my golden opportunity.
I want to discuss colors, but I guess it would be better to wait a little until a lot of pictures get posted. I was very excited to see white, but the greenish yellowish wheel ruins it for me. I wanted to mod it for the red/white look similar to the 09 color.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.