Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

New R6?

1K views 10 replies 6 participants last post by  Igbz 
#1 ·
Hello all,

New member here. I've been looking into buying a R6 for quite a few years now and just now finally decided I should pull the trigger on one. I went and looked a 07 R6 with around 20k miles yesterday and it looks like the fairings have been replaced and also that the tank may have been repainted. That's all I really could notice but then again I don't really know what I'm looking for.

I just wanted to share a few pics of the bike and see if you advanced R6 owners notice anything majorly messed up besides the tires and any advice you can give me to check for when I go back.

It's a cheaper bike, less than $4000 and I'm obviously not expecting perfection. It has some nice mods done to it, the owner seems to be honest, title is clean, but overall I just want to be safe riding.

Attachments

See less See more
#7 ·
Yes some had issues, most occurred with relatively low mileage.

#9 ·
Just an update- I did buy the bike today. Dropping it off later in the week for new tires and a full "tune up" and inspection.

The engine sounds great and the clutch does not slip and goes through gears great. All of the fairings are in great condition and it has some nice mods done to it.

If it lasts me a season or two I will be happy. I think it's a great first street bike.

Attachments

#10 ·
Nice looking bike, enjoy and ride Safe my friend. Is it all black or charcoal and black?, It's hard to tell from the pictures..

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.