Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

Fixing my 03 r6s after learning about drunk drivers and deer season

538 views 5 replies 3 participants last post by  Libokingkilo 
#1 ·
So I'll be happy to explain at length if the time comes but I had a spill because of a shit Driver and some deer the other night and my bike did a head stand cracking a good portion of stay 1and the nose. I've been doing my homework as to figure out what exactly I need and I just want to make sure I'm getting it right. Here is a picture to catch you all up.

#4 ·
Perfect, I managed to get used full fairings and stay 1from a nice guy for a steal.all that really needsbe done now that I can see are new panels and I need to find the part that joins the front brake fluid can to the throttle side bar, oh and sttip all the paint. What part is that cause km not seeing it anywere in the schematics? Also how hard is it to pull a Dent out of the gass tank?

#5 ·
1st: grammar, punctuation and spell check, please. That post is hard to read, and I'm still not sure I understand it completely.

2nd: Yes the 05 cowl will fit, but the lowers are slightly different. You won't be able to mix and match the lowers and the inner pieces. For instance, you can't use an inner front Vee off an 03 with the 05 lowers, and you can't use a left lower from one with the right lower from the other year.

3rd: The plastic elbow for the brake reservoir is not sold separately by Yamaha. But it is sold by Kawasaki. It is the same as a 2003-2005 ZX6R. You should be able to order one for less than $10

#6 ·
I apologize for the grammatical errors/typos. Cold hands at work and a suspiciously sabotaging auto text make typing on my phone feel like playing mine sweeper at times.
Ok so here is the update , got the parts, the plate that connects cowling to the fork is called Stay 1 and from hat I've seen goes from between 280 to 370 bucks. I have been studying painoting techniques from people in real life and YouTube and have been spray -stripping and sanding the cowling and upper tail portion. Not sure if I want to get all he fairings completely prepped and primered first before I put the bikey back together or if I just want to wait till spring since it'll be a random day indeed when the weather is nice enough all day to ride.
So an 05 cowling will fit but just be a little jagged ? Would zip ties be a good fix for this or will the stock push tabs be sufficient? And thanks for the news on the zx6 stand in part, I'll have to hunt that down.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.