Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

600 mile service

4K views 13 replies 7 participants last post by  tones160 
#1 ·
Hi, I'm fast approaching my 600 mile service and was wondering if you guys recommend taking the bike to the dealer to have this done. I've had a Fz6r for 3 years prior to getting the R6 and did all of the maintenance on that bike myself, so I feel comfortable working on the bike. The thing is, I also have a 3 year Yamaha extended warranty on the R6 and was wondering if it's a better idea to have the first service documented with a dealer. I appreciate any advice you guys can give me.

#2 ·
The Magnussen Moss Act prevent a dealer from denying warranty service due to self performed maintenance. If you feel comfortable performing the service then there is no reason you can't do it. However it should be said that you should document any service you perform to your motorcycle and retain any receipts for that service.

#7 ·
No, unfortunately I can't get my money back. Can someone tell me what the first service involves? I'd imagine an oil change, chain adjustment if needed, retorque fasteners, and just generally look the bike over, anything else? I just don't like the idea of some tech at a dealership working on my bike. No one is going to be as careful with your bike as you are.

#8 ·
I'd check on the warranty refund policy.... You might still be able to get a refund, even if it's prorated

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.