Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

Slip on exhaust

982 views 7 replies 5 participants last post by  yamahacrazy 
#1 · (Edited)
I know its all about opinion but im just going to use your opinion as a reference you could say, im looking a slip on exhaust but i want one thats loud and throaty! Any recommendations? Please help i want to get one by this weekend. preferably a shorty, my bike is a 2016 r6.

#5 ·
Just a slip on, wont get you a loud noise. You have to remove the cat in order to achieve what you want. So you have these choices

Get a slip and a Y pipe "cat delete". With a cat delete, stay away from megaphone type of slip ons such as toce and stuff. They dont have any baffles and the bike will be really really loud. You get a headache after 30 mins. As fast as slips ons you can get what you like the best since they dont really provide any power.

Or

Get a full exhaust system. The ones i like is akrapovic or graves.

If you go just with a slip on you don't need what im about to tell you. But if you go with either of the two choices i gave you, you should get a PCV or a bazzaz fuel management plus a dyno tune for your bike. Or you can get a hold of anthony from bauce racing and have your ecu flashed.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.