2Likes
  • 1 Post By The Evil Twin
  • 1 Post By Crescent1101

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-11-2017, 12:37 PM Thread Starter
My R6 eats me.

Bike: 2010 R6
Brembo Forged 19x18 MC or RCS19?

Does anyone have any experience with both of these items and can give me a direct comparison? Part numbers (10476070) vs (110A26310). I'm also wondering if the CNC Billet 19x18 (XR01171) is worth double the price? Purpose: Dedicated track bike.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-11-2017, 03:25 PM
Motosylum Racing #132

Bike: R6, ZX6, R1200, 400 XC-W
Re: Brembo Forged 19x18 MC or RCS19?

If it is a track only bike, then don't bother with the RCS. You don't need a brake switch and don't need to adjust the piston travel. That's the only difference. I had one on my ZX6 but still use the stock one on the R6. To be honest, unless I break mine I own't bother spending the money to replace the perfectly good MC with a 19x18. I've ridden both side by side/ back to back and there isn't enough difference to sell me on replacing the R6 radial until I need to.
However, I will say that if I did need to replace it then the 19x20 will likely be the one I would get. Last year at NJMP, I guest rode for a Team Challenge bike that had the 19x20 with Brembo monoblocks on it. The braking effort was really reduced. Over the course of 40 minutes racing, it was a welcome benefit. Sadly, the transmission shift fork broke and I had to finish using only 3rd gear so I wasn't really pushing it.
JimmyL likes this.

2016 CCS MA Middleweight F40 Track Champion, #3 Formula 40, #3 Middleweight F40, #8 Middleweight GP, 2015 Crash n Burn Award, 2014 Sportsman Award, 2013 Amateur of the Year, 2012 Cornerworker of the Year

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

#132 Proudly representing DC-Moto.net,
, and

post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-11-2017, 04:10 PM Thread Starter
My R6 eats me.

Great reply, thanks! I've been suffering quite a lot of fatigue with the hard breaking sections at Queensland raceway, which is why I was looking at upgrading to something which requires less effort to squeeze the lever.
However I'll refresh my brake fluid with castrol SRF and might look at getting some RC or Z04 pads before deciding if I need top drop a few hundred on a MC. Cheers!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-12-2017, 04:56 AM
Motosylum Racing #132

Bike: R6, ZX6, R1200, 400 XC-W

Yeah, I'd try some pads and fluid first. If it is a track only machine then annual brake fluid flush is a good idea anyway. Mind you, the 19x20 I rode was paired with serious calipers so I can't say which was the real culprit of the braking feel. Good luck man!

2016 CCS MA Middleweight F40 Track Champion, #3 Formula 40, #3 Middleweight F40, #8 Middleweight GP, 2015 Crash n Burn Award, 2014 Sportsman Award, 2013 Amateur of the Year, 2012 Cornerworker of the Year

#132 Proudly representing DC-Moto.net,
, and

post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-17-2017, 04:56 AM
MIL-SPEC RACING

Also be sure to treat your rotors too. Over time the brake pad compound will glaze rotors. If you want more stopping power then soak them in Purple Power for a day or so and scrub the rotor surface with red scrotchbrite. Then use brake clean to clean off all the degreaser. Take your time and make sure the circle that hold the rotor to the carrier move. Depending on the tracks near you I do my brake fluid every 3rd race.
JimmyL likes this.
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-18-2017, 01:35 PM Thread Starter
My R6 eats me.

Thanks, I haven't heard of that before, I usually just use sandpaper on the rotors when I change the pads, then a good spray with brake cleaner. I'll give that a go next time to see if it improves the bite.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.