Looking for a good cheap rear stand - Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums
 1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 25 (permalink) Old 01-31-2017, 04:36 PM Thread Starter
I eat my R6

Bike: 2013 R6
Looking for a good cheap rear stand

I was wondering if you guys can recommend a good "cheap" rear stand? I already have a set of Pit Bull stands im using to store/work on the R6 over the winter, so I'm looking to pick up a second rear stand cheap, mainly to do chain maintenance on my other bike. I found a Trackside stand for $60, but I'm unsure of the quality. Anyone have any experience with this stand or can recommend a good alternative? Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 25 (permalink) Old 01-31-2017, 04:54 PM
I eat my R6

Re: Looking for a good cheap rear stand

You get what you pay for. So if you want to go cheap, ebay brands will do the trick i guess. Look on CL and see if you can find a used pair

Sent from
To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 25 (permalink) Old 01-31-2017, 04:58 PM
Lifetime Premium

Bike: 08 Blue R6, Red 03 (sold)

T-rex stands have been great...my bike is currently sitting on a front and rear covered in my garage for winter.

This is second pair of stands i've had from them...gave my first pair when i sold my first 6 then picked up another pair for this bike.

heres a link to a rear only:
To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Bike:
2008 Yamaha R6 - Full Graves system, KN filter, PCV with Autotune, Agg block offs, Bauce ECU, Ohlins damper, Shermoto levers, Vortex rearsets, flush fronts, integrated rear, Zero Gravity screen, black passenger pegs, LP sliders, LP spools, and more to come.

Cage:
2012 Nissan Frontier King Pro-4X

Sold:
2003 Yamaha R6 - LOR Exhaust, PC3, Velocity Stacks, Block offs, BMC Race, Custom Tune, 520 15/50, Speedohealer, Spiegler brake lines front and rear, Custom paint, Custom wheels, Smoked flush fronts, Smoked integrated rear, Zero Gravity screen, Shorty levers, Driven grips, Powdercoated rearsets and pegs, sliders, spool, and probably more I'm missing
post #4 of 25 (permalink) Old 01-31-2017, 05:01 PM
Why yes I don't!!!!!!!!!!

Bike: 2007 In Heaven

I would NEVER buy any other stand than Pitbull.
A few reasons why...

They support US road racing more than ANY other company. (except series title sponsors)
They have the best products on the market
Made in the USA!

Its not hard to find used Pitbulls on CL or even local forums. Even new they aren't terribly expensive.
High Side likes this.
post #5 of 25 (permalink) Old 01-31-2017, 05:12 PM
Need funds for fun

Bike: '06 R6

No experience with anything but Pit Bull but I know Cycle Gear had by one get one on trackside stands for $120

"Dream as if you'll live forever, live as if you'll die today"
post #6 of 25 (permalink) Old 01-31-2017, 05:23 PM
MIL-SPEC RACING

If you aren't going Pitbull go Vortex or T-Rex Racing.

MIL-SPEC Racing
FMRRA Amateur #762
WERA Amateur #762

2009 R6-
2013 ZX-10R- ****FOR SALE****
post #7 of 25 (permalink) Old 01-31-2017, 05:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gorilla_Ninja View Post
No experience with anything but Pit Bull but I know Cycle Gear had by one get one on trackside stands for $120
and cycle gear only sells their self branded junk. I made the mistake of buying a "cheap" LP stand years ago. That cheap garbage cost me over $500 when the bike slid off it and dented the fuel tank. Pitbull had just opened up shop... and my bikes never got damaged again!
post #8 of 25 (permalink) Old 01-31-2017, 05:36 PM

OP...
post #9 of 25 (permalink) Old 01-31-2017, 05:45 PM
Just made this great wheelie.. did you see it?!

Bike: 09 R6

I have a pair of Venom stands that I have been using for the last 4 years and they have served me VERY well. I keep both my bike on them, one both front and rear till track day and at the track, the other mostly on the rear stand between rides that have become about once a week. Not a single issue with either pair. I think a lot of how long they will last is how well you put them together. Yeah Pitbul stands are the gold standard but at $60 a pair off eBay and their proven track record in my experience I'm ok with what I have.

YMMV.
post #10 of 25 (permalink) Old 01-31-2017, 11:49 PM
My R6 eats me.

Good and cheap almost never go hand in hand.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.