Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

08 yamaha r6

495 views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  RTV 
#1 ·
Question. I bought a 08 r6 a couple weeks ago. The guy i bought it from claims that the owner before him did a dyno on the bike but has no proof of it. Is there any way to tind out if they did it before i take it to a shop and get it dyno.?

#3 ·
It's a little bit of a pain but easy enough providing it is pc5 or Bazzaz and you have the cable. All you have to do is pull the map out of it and compare the tables to a stock map table. That won't necessarily tell you it's been done right though.

#4 ·
If you don't have the specifics of what was done before, take it as a fresh canvas. If the bike has modifications (exhaust, intake, map, etc), you'll have to see if the bike was properly tuned for those mods, plus whatever horses have ran out since '08 and the overall condition of the bike.

Dyno is the only way t9 get a baseline, check the power and assess what's the current tune like and then go from there...

Cheers,
Rami

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.