Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

Who's got a 2017 R6 coming ? PICS!

4K views 40 replies 19 participants last post by  enriqc3 
#1 ·
Anyone picked one up yet? These bikes are FLYINGGGGGGGGGGGG on the track!

Attachments

See less See more
#9 ·
Reactions: Jchin3081
#10 ·
Will be owning one soon. Dealership says it should be here by the end of the month. :roll: Who knows in reality because I do live on Maui, Hawaii.

Reactions: Jchin3081
#14 · (Edited)
Here where I'm at in Norcal, I was told by my dealer that I would probally be getting mine beginning of April.
On another forum, somebody said their dealer in Vegas received one already.
I haven't seen any pictures of anyone that actually received one yet, so it's hard to say. All I know is, when I receive mine, I'm taking pictures of it while I'm at the dealer before I even leave and posting it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#17 ·
On another forum, somebody said their dealer in Vegas received one already.
Say What!!??

I haven't seen any pictures of anyone that actually received one yet, so it's hard to say. All I know is, when I receive mine, I'm taking pictures of it while I'm at the dealer before I even leave and posting it.
Thanks, feel like most us will do the same!

#19 ·
SO is it safe to assume that the exhaust hasnt changed for 2017? I was hoping there would be a large influx of used Graves exhausts for sale on the Wera forum. Waiting to buy one! If they dont change then everyone is going to hold on to the exhaust that is upgrading to the 2017..

#32 ·
Yeah they were. I have an early run R1M and it didn't get here until the beginning of April, but it was supposed to be here like a month earlier originally. I thought I heard they had some issues with customs but not sure about that. With regard to the R6 though, it just sounds very familiar. Lots of promises from sales people that in reality seem to have little clue about when it will get delivered. It just sucks when you are all excited like a kid at Christmas to get the new bike and it keeps getting pushed back.

It was all gravy though once the bike finally arrived and I am sure the new R6 will be the same. :D

I am going to wait for the 2018 to replace my current race bike and let all the early adopters work out the kinks and give the aftermarket time to develop a bit. Really excited to see the new R6 on the track!

#33 ·
One of my buddies placed an order the week the bike was announced in October to get the free QS with purchase. He was told it should be available mid-late March, as of a week and a half ago our Yamaha dealer said his is definitely not arriving this month and more like April.

#34 · (Edited)
That's crazy to put a order in on something and wait 6 months to receive it. Especially when they don't keep they're original ETA.

Really gets me thinking about picking up a R1 instead. Most of "my" problem is, I traded my other bike in. So it's been sitting at the dealer over a month and I haven't been able to ride.

Time tells all! Apparently YamahaMotorUsa is doing some type of press launch this week with the R6 and Motoamerica riders. Interested to see/hear what comes of that.

#37 · (Edited)
They're coming! Currently doing a media/press realease this week at a track. Did the same thing with the r1 at this same time in February of 2015. I was also told by MCN "Motorcycle News" that they were releasing a First ride video the end of the month. Cycle world, 650ib.
Sounds like all the riding is taking place tomorrow.

Trying to Get into contact with YamahaMotorUSA and someone with known factual info on arrival at dealers. Like a VP of Sales/Marketing etc...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.