Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

This bloody neutral light problem driving me nuts

3K views 39 replies 7 participants last post by  tones160 
#1 · (Edited)
Once again another new post I need your advice as I see a lot of you on here I've been throw 4 neutral switches one that was new and three that are used the problem I'm getting is after a long ride after the bike has got hot on finding that the neutral switch light is off when I Remove the switch it's getting dry and getting stuck I seem to release them and then they work again and then they dry out again what is the cause of this something is not right I need to fix this can you please help Much appreciated

#2 · (Edited)
The wire is perfectly working order as I've grounded the wire to make sure neutral light works on the dashboard this is perfect it's these neutral switches one was brand-new that got completely stuck with copper washer in place the others are used parts and like I say they do work but someone on here or someone had this problem what is causing it it's crazy

#7 · (Edited)
Thanks for the reply guys sorry to be pain I'll grab some tonght hopefully the switch ain't gone back so far that it won't come back out because this is like the 4th or 3rd one ☝ very dry when I remove them even tho I clean it them up before putting back inn ill report back I like to complete my threads ��
I've found a bolt that's next to oil filter that hanging down but will not tighting Looks like some one had put black silicone around it to hold up in side very strange
I've got a photo but I'm able to upload from my mobile I don't have a laptop could I email this photo if you guys wouldn't mind putting your email address here or inbox me it I'm just concerned with this bolt orwhere it goes as for the neutral light could someone share the love and how this actually works so far main dealers have said from the inside would not break the switch �� Thanks for the reply guys will get some of that above later

#12 ·
I need to upload this photo of the bolt I've found hanging down it's the one beside the oil filter the bike had a rebuilt when I got it but by the looks of it I think the rounded the threads off and silicone this bolt in until I take the oil filter off as it's new I won't be able to tell I no no leaks or nothing and rides nice I'm going to upload it in half hour for you to advice me what it is

#14 · (Edited)
Can you see the bolt I was so cheese off when I saw that I contacted the guy he was like no way he was cheese off but hey he may of done that or the garage who' knows I'll have to re thread or see what I can do there no knocking sounds thank god
It still as you see the photo there was black silicone around it question is what's it's job if you know please help me I love my bike I take pride in my bikes

#17 ·
Yes mate that's right I noticebit hanging down the give away I don't know why there was silicon black around of course who ever did the work on the bike must of cross threaded the threads inside and glue it up I'm sure it he fine because nothing's is knocking or sounding odd so more a less I'll luv with and try to rethread but I don't wanna start taken things off and course a problem
If it was a rear wheel bolt or something then yes ASAP BUT it's fine just need more information I've looking on a parts diagram o. Crankshaft remove I'm not to sure I see a blot on the diagram but ain't sure if it's that one mmmmmmmmmm

#28 ·
My fault once again after re-Greece my neutral switch I noticed last night after giving it some beans and a good bride the neutral still working after I came to hold on you noticed the light was out I really need to Greece this is neutral switch the Rueter on for go out

#29 · (Edited)
I think I need to grease this up every time before I ride it

I know what your saying but these switches every time I really give my bike beans they seem to pack why ? I can't just be the only one in the world they keep drying out then the nipple in the switch gets stuck and there's nothing you can do to it to fix x other than change it again bits ridiculous the wiring is perfectly fine is the switch yourself I'll change these many a times they just seems that lots of beans the bike to get really hot I need to avoid switch does not work no more he gets jammed

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.