Bike won't stay running - Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By Flyers28

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-16-2017, 05:27 AM Thread Starter
My R6 eats me.

Bike won't stay running

Hello I recently replaced my battery in my 2014 r6 and after I changed the battery the bike wouldn't stay running unless you held the starter in does anyone have any idea what it could be I changed the stater relay switch and still no luck thanks in advance
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-17-2017, 06:25 PM
My R6 eats me.

Bike: 05 r6
Re: Bike won't stay running

If it starts then die, it could be two things, the charging system, or something with the fuel system. I have something similar on my 2005 r6. I felt the battery was so weak to start the bike, when finally started I drove few feets then turned the signal then boom died again, started it again drove for a mile or so the the numbers on the display started to flicker then vanished, then the throttle was not giving enough gas then died. After that I couldn't start it again, I charged the battery , rode it few hours with no problem then the same issue returned again, I found that I have a bad charging system and am working on it now, I guess the r6 needs electricity to stay running.

I am not an expert, just giving thoughts
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-17-2017, 06:27 PM
My R6 eats me.

Bike: 05 r6

Or u could check ur wires, take to a shop to not waste ur time and money
post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-17-2017, 07:26 PM
My R6 eats me.

make sure all wires are seated correctly on the battery terminals, make sure there is not any type of debris on the contacts like corrosion or rust build up. if that does not fix it go into diagnostics mode and see what the voltage is and then try to start it and see if the voltage drops drastically.

after you have tried all that and voltage looks good then move onto the fuel system. more then willing to help you out and walk ya through it.
my bike not running the way i want drives me nuts. so i feel ya
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-18-2017, 06:15 AM
~Faster Than Lightning~

Bike: 05 R6 - Cherry

If that only happened because you replaced your battery then im thinking there's a bad connection along the terminals. Unhook it and hook it back in and see how it works. If problem still persist check your R/R and its plug for any indication of burning.
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-18-2017, 09:08 AM
I eat my R6

Bike: 07 Candy Red R6

I feel like some info is missing here and lacks some background info. Was the bike working perfectly prior to replacing the battery? What led to replacing the battery in a relatively newer bike (ie: sat for long periods without running and with battery connected to bike)? You say running, just to clarify you mean engine turns and fires right.

You need to get out the multimeter and check the battery voltage and post your results for starters. While it could be a charging system malfunction I find it hard to believe a stator or rectifier goes bad in a 3 yr old bike.

But without the OP coming back to fill in more details this thread will be nothing but vague speculations and dead ends.
tones160 likes this.

Last edited by Flyers28; 05-18-2017 at 09:10 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.