Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

Bike Price....Your Thoughts?

1K views 12 replies 8 participants last post by  dctex 
#1 ·
I'm going around now inquiring about prices and also going to banks to see about loan rates and such....planning to buy it at the end of January.

What's your opinion of the price $8,900 OTD for an 2007 R6 Raven? From the looking around I've done on here, that seems like an in the ballpark/reasonable price to me, but I just wanted other experienced bikers opinion. Thanks guys.

FYI: This is in Ohio if that matters.

#5 ·
Dunc said:
I'm going around now inquiring about prices and also going to banks to see about loan rates and such....planning to buy it at the end of January.

What's your opinion of the price $8,900 OTD for an 2007 R6 Raven? From the looking around I've done on here, that seems like an in the ballpark/reasonable price to me, but I just wanted other experienced bikers opinion. Thanks guys.

Too damn high... Check around, seen prices from $7k to $7500 on cycle trader. Most dealers are trying to rid their inventory for the '08s...

#7 ·
Dunc said:

I think you are in the ball park to be honest. You should try and get another $600 off that price if you can. Good luck.

#8 ·
Especially in OH where it's not really year-round riding. January, hopefully if dealers still have 07's left, they should be desperate. Since it's still Dec 07, they can still justify not lowering the clearance prices. But 08 rolls around and they still have 07's sitting and everyone wants the 08's...who knows.

A dealer in my town in VA says he's got his R6's for like $20 over cost. Dunno what their cost is but I imagine it's a pretty good deal that should get better in 08. They have two of each colors also.

#9 ·
damond said:
Especially in OH where it's not really year-round riding. January, hopefully if dealers still have 07's left, they should be desperate. Since it's still Dec 07, they can still justify not lowering the clearance prices. But 08 rolls around and they still have 07's sitting and everyone wants the 08's...who knows.

A dealer in my town in VA says he's got his R6's for like $20 over cost. Dunno what their cost is but I imagine it's a pretty good deal that should get better in 08. They have two of each colors also.
Here's an update: I went to another dealer about 20 minutes south and got a quote for 9000 for the bike so roughly 9500-10000. Oh, and that's for an '08 instead. I'd say that's a MUCH better option.

#13 ·
Yeah, I haven't seen the price drops that I had hoped on the 2007 R6. I've got quotes from about 10 different places in the area. I did get one price around $7720 otd. The rest were $8000-$8500 otd. One place (the local mega-dealer) quoted me over $9,000 otd (even though it's listed on the floor at $7899). I was like, "Uh, yeah, I'll get back to you..."

Now, I've been told that dealers are given rebates in Dec. to help them move bikes out of their shop for below cost. But I also was told that Yamaha voids those rebates in January as the shops in the warmer climates gear up for "spring," meaning that the bikes won't be as cheap.

Is that total b.s. about the rebates? It doesn't make sense to me that a 2007 R6 would be less expensive to buy in Dec. 2007 than in Jan. 2008.

Has anyone had experience buying in January versus December and gotten a better deal?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.