Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

Going to look at an 07 R6 on Sunday..

861 views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  IcemanR6 
#1 ·
Any body got any tips on what to look out for when going over the bike..?

#2 ·
keep an eye out for scratched up frame sliders and handle bars usually an indication it was dropped at one point (not including farings if there were no frame slidders haha)

#4 ·
check any aftermarket lighting / turn signals wiring to make sure it was done right and will not burn your bike to the ground, check around the fork seals for fluid, check color of oil (dark oil indicates long periods of not changing or beating on the bike), shine inside gas tank with flashlight to make sure there is no rust at all, <- i understand the bike is only a year old, but its definately worth checking. more than anything, take the bike for a short ride making sure to check tension in clutch, make sure brakes feel fine, and just an overall good riding bike. good luck with it if you get it, you would definately have one of the nicest bikes on the road by far. :YEA

#6 ·
^^^^ PRISTINE!!! that thing is in showroom condition, im jealous. as long as whoever is selling the bike has insurance on it you should be fine just to take it down the street and back. most people i've come across that are selling vehicles are pretty cool about it. let us know how you make out, like i said before, its crazy nice!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.