Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

2002 r6

3K views 10 replies 7 participants last post by  jeees_styles 
#1 ·
So I came across a really good deal on a 2002 r6 with 10,000 k on it I was going to wait for the 2004 to see what is new but in 2003 they made the engine and fuel upgrades and the deltabox 3 frame so I was just wondering if any one had any information on the 2002 like engine wise and the deltabox 2 frame would it be worth getting or just get the new stuff.

#2 ·
I have the 03 while my friends have the 02 and technically speaking the 03's power delivery is smoother across the rpms, start ups are easy, the only difference in ergonomics is that mine is more aggressive. Handling is very similar, mine is just a tad more rigid. This may not help but either year would put a smile on your face :mrgreen:

#4 ·
03 is fuel injected
02 is not

03 is real edgy
02 is roundy

03 has cool headlights
02 has normal ones

I ride an 01 (same as an 02) and I love it. I have ridden new ones. They are not too much different, but i am partial to the 01-02 body style--sexier curves
:hump

I have pics of mine in the photo section - check them out to see it

#10 ·
$7500

I'm getting an '03 black with red flames for only $7500 brand new. I'm the one that asked what the cost was that the dealer got it for. Knowing that I took it to one of my friends, he called his buddy who was a dealer and I was able to get it for only $7499.00 b/c of what I knew. Brand New never ridden, 0 miles... (USA currency rate).

-SolaceRye

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.