Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

Speakers on the bike (thoughts?)

4K views 39 replies 31 participants last post by  ronny123 
#1 ·
So I was riding home last night and I came to a stop light and there was another guy there on another R6, but I can hear music coming from his bike.

I look over and he has like little 2 1/2 inch speakers in the fairings, like really he cut a hole about right in the mid of the fairing and put the speaker right there. I thought it was pretty cool. He has the amp under the rear seat and a ipod mount on the upper triple clamp.

just wanted to know what you guys thought about putting speakers in the fairings? or music on a bike in general?

#31 ·
:stupic:popcorn:

#12 ·
I only listen to music if im going on a long ride on the highway or something, and even then i only do one earbud inside my helmet at low volume so i can hear whats going on around me...

i like the idea, but it doesnt really seem like it belongs on a sport bike...more like a big cruiser typer bike...

#13 ·
there was only two speakers one on each 2 1/2 inches around, i didn't actually see them until he pointed it out. as far as hwy speeds no idea but sounds food for around town

#14 ·
STUPID!!! There's a kid in my town that has the same thing done to his Kawi. Everytime I see him I just start laughing. Juat a complete tool. I almost feel like putting holes in the speakers so I don't have to listen to his crap. But then I just downshift and make him listen to the loud exhaust HA!!!

#16 ·
There is a guy around my way that has 9 (thats right NINE!) TV screens on his bike. Three-3 inch ones on each side of the tail section, one 7 inch on both sides in the mid fairing and a 13 inch on the front in place of where the windscreen would go.

#24 ·
go buy a cruiser...

Speakers arent for an r6...end of story

#26 ·
:hammer <~~~Thumpin :bowroll

#33 ·
speakers on any bike=FAIL:throwup

if you want that crap, drive a damn car

#34 ·
yeah, fail and :gayness. I see the guys with the "bompin" cars and i guess I understand why they fall for the deep bass, even though i don't really give a shit or think it's cool. But on a bike, ...why would you put speakers on a bike again?

#35 ·
so the timing for this thread was perfect. a local shop had a bunch of bikes outside today so i stopped by to check em out. here's one of thier customer's bike and the ghetto ass system they rigged up for an R1. the wooden box in the back is for the CD changer :lmao

#37 ·
wow! that is the cleanest system i have ever seen! :poke :nono :screwy

#36 ·
To each his own I say. For some sportbikes are meant for performance and pure thrill of riding only. For others they are a form of art and a way to express creativity. So if thats what you want to do with your bike then I say go for it!

If you do it, then do it in the right way too. Put some effort into it and make it look clean and not thrown together.

Good luck!

#38 ·
:stupic it looks like it's factory.:rolleyes:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.