Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

speedo problem after bazzaz install

3K views 17 replies 8 participants last post by  gsxcorey 
#1 ·
so heres the problem, i just got done installing the bazzaz w/ the self mapping kit and took or for a short ride to get some data before the long rides. i noticed when i was riding the speedo was way off the actual speed and yet with the -1/+2 spockets it was only 8 mph off at 45mph buy now its like 40 to 50 mph off.

so when i got back i called bazzaz and we ran through the trubleshooting (checking plugs, loose wires, wires are in there right spots, etc.) everything was where it was suppost to be. then he tells me to disconnect the z-fi's plug from the bikes stock crack sensor and plug the two stock ones back together and go ride and see if it still does it, so i did. it still shows the 40-50 mph off. so i call the guy back and tell him, and he says its prolly with the bike then, but this never happened till after i installed the bazzaz. so neither me nor bazzaz knows why this is happening. was hoping you guys might have some imput or this might have happened to you. any input please

#2 ·
I'm not sure why it happened after you installed the Bazzaz, but you could try getting a Speedo Healer and see if that corrects it.

#3 ·
just looked at the odometer and it appears to have added 15k miles to the odometer and i certainly didnt ride 15k miles in 10 mins. talked to the dealership today and there were just as in "aaahhhhh" as i was about this. they think the bazzaz unit sent a awall single to the ECU which has thrown off the ECU now.

#4 ·
Call Corey at motomummy.com tomorrow. he is best to help you with this besides bazzaz. Always nice to get a second opinion ya know

#6 ·
are you're sure the crank sensor and the neutral sensor aren't hooked up backwards? they're the same harness... but one has two wires and one only has one wire. if it's all straight, then that's SUPER weird. post this in the "all your bazzaz questions" and corey at motomummy will most likely be able to help you out. good luck man.

and 15k miles extra BLOWS! get a new set of gauges and be done with that one! :sing

#7 ·
ya im pretty pissed about the miles thing, but the miles are kept in the ECU so im ****ed on that part unless it can be fixed. and i sent corey a PM about all this so hoping to hear from him on all this, but ill check those 2 plugs you mentioned Agg. thanks again for the input guys.

#8 ·
if it's stored in the ECU, why are people selling gauge clusters like "2006 gauge cluster with XXXX miles on it"? not trying to sound arguementative, but i've always been under the impression that the gauges hold the miles, and not the ecu... but i could be wrong.

#9 ·
the gauges do hold the miles. My gauges tach stopped the second day I had it and they replaced it for me after a month of waiting. I went from somwhere around 4k to 0000 miles.

which can lead to some pretty shady stuff when buying a bike, but there u go. Miles in gauge.

#10 ·
I got your pm, but will respond here. In all honesty this is the first time i've heard of this or anything like this. I would check what was stated above. If you disconnect all the bazzaz harnesses and it still does it then I'm shocked. By chance did you shock anything while hooking things up? Also did you disconnect the battery while hooking the bazzaz up? This is VERY weird. Also did you hook anything up backwards as stated above? Hooking things up backwards would be the first thing I would check. even on the gsxr's there are a few harnesses that you could hook up backwards...

#11 ·
i guess ill try unplugging the bazzaz completely and see if it works then, if not then i dont know how to fix it or whats even wrong with it. im sure i hooked everything up right. and dont remember getting shocked by anything.

#14 ·
Been there....done that:nono

I couldn't figure out why people were following so damn close when i was going 65!!!

#16 · (Edited)
OMG!!! you have got to be kidding me that was the problem. i guess the bazzaz was preset to km/ph and changed it when i turned it on, but i dont care its back to normal now. i would have never guessed that on my own. thanks alot guys really, i was totally stressin over this. plus i got my full leo system in today and put on and got Agg's map to start off with. thanks corey (exhaust), agg (map), and DirtBikeGy (making me look like an idiot)

#18 ·
lol the bazzaz won't change it at all :) you did that lol...once i read that I pretty much knew that was the case as I can't think of anything else that would cause that other then shocking the guage cluster or frying it to weird it out.

Don't feel bad, I once had a customer ask me to come help him get his bike to his house as he was broke down. I got there and asked what he would give me if I could fix his bike right here. He said a 6 pack, so i flipped his kill switch, started it up and smiled lol

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.