Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

Speedo Healer usage to set the speedo

2K views 10 replies 6 participants last post by  pickpocket293 
#1 ·
Has anyone used a speed healer to adjust the speedometer for "testing and tuning" purposes?

i.e. the actual speed is 90 mph but have the speedo display 70 or 65mph. Is this possible at all?

#3 ·
After a 520 conversion your speedo says you're going faster than you really are thus putting more miles on than in reality. Usually it's like a -14.9% difference, so if what he's asking, wouldn't you want to set the difference with a positive + percentage to get the opposite effect?
I'm curious to this as well.

#7 · (Edited)
the purpose of my question is if theoretically I got a speeding ticket and want the speedo to be off before i bring it in for official calibration readings for court, is it possible to adjust the speedo using the healer?
Theoretical my ass, you're trying to cheat the system because of you got a ticket for 90 in a 65 lol. You can try that, but any judge with 1/2 a brain will ask you if you honestly thought you were going 65 when you were blowing by other people at 90. He will realize something is fishy and still find you guilty.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.