Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

R6 rear axle pusher / brake caliper holder tool

24K views 99 replies 52 participants last post by  Mochocolate 
#1 · (Edited)
I made a bunch of these and thought y'all might like them.

They work great, I've been using one for years. I have been asked to make some for a while and decided that since they had a hard time finding one I would go ahead and make some. These are solid billet aluminum with the Yamaha logo on one end. Perfect fit and knurled for a great hand hold to push it out even if the axle has not been lubed. We use them at our shop.

Here is a vid of me pulling the rear wheel with one hand while holding the camera.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wlqa6Q_7DPc

I'm selling these for $38 shipped as these are solid aluminum and not plastic like all the others I've seen.

PM your Paypal and I will send you an invoice
Or you can go to my ebay store if you would like

My seller ID is: r.t.suspension
My Ebay store address is: http://stores.ebay.com/VonHertell-Racing

Attachments

See less See more
#16 ·
PM sent. I bought one of these made out of the hard plastic from the WERA classifieds a few years ago. Kicking myself because I didn't buy two. I want an extra. These things are worth their weight in gold. I can swap out a rear tire in under a minute, from start to finish.

I will suggest that people take off the brake pads, and grind down the edges of the bottom part of the pad to a 45 degree angle. It makes fitting the brake rotor into the pads MUCH easier.

#18 ·
For whatever reason I literally have no issue ever doing my own rear rim. Other people's give me trouble sometimes. Maybe it is the brake spring on my MC or the machined rotor, but I get mine first try, one handed. Never an issue. I may grab one up for the shop tho. I dig the racer discount he offers.

OP, shoot me a PM with payment info. CCS racer #726

#19 ·
The flipped axle does not work near as good as this tool. The threaded part of the axle is a smaller diameter and the caliper flops around too much. It is easier than w/o this tool but nowhere near as easy as with it.

Oh, there have been two different payments to PayPal w/o any address

rewagner1
and
ram.subram

If this is you please PM me your address. Thanks

#33 ·
Wait...what??? I ordered my tool early last week and paid for expedited shipping AND I still didn't get it!!! Plus, I live about 5 miles from SS, MD. How did that happen?!?!? Thank goodness somebody posted that screwdriver trick or I would still be fighting the rear wheel.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.