Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

08 Yamaha R6 PCV

1K views 13 replies 3 participants last post by  EchoFoxtrot 
#1 ·
My PCV was installed by a technician and used by Tuned Industries to flash my ECU. Price is $190 shipped. Any questions, let me know!

Attachments

See less See more
#3 ·
DynoJet has a map for every possible configuration, free to download through their site. It's needed for whenever you modify the exhaust, filters, block off plates, or fuel. The forum has a lot of good posts on tutorials and questions about power commanders. You can get it custom tuned by a technician, but in my experience that's only worth the money they charge if you're tracking and/or racing the bike. The maps from the company are perfectly fine, and unless you're a racer you won't notice the difference.

#8 ·
Yes and I had the technician zero out my map so it's completely open. For sale is only the PCV unit, the 9v adapter and accessories were already sold - they're cheap online, hence my selling price of only $190 shipped. For custom tunes, shops and techs have their own wires too. It ships to the first person who confirms with me.

#12 ·
Dynojet Power Commander V Yamaha R6 2008-2009 - RevZilla

Here's Anthony's video on it from RevZilla. The only thing you need is a usb to micro usb cable to upload one of DynoJets custom maps into the software that is free to download on their site. Once you plug it in, you're good to go. He literally says "it really is that simple" in the video :grin:

For someone who's a perfectionist, you can get an autotune installed from them as well, a secondary fuel module, you can get a map done by a technician using a dyno stand, the list goes on. But it all starts with the good ol' PCV

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.