Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

06+ R6 OEM & Aftermarket Parts - Bazzaz Z-Fi, SpeedoDRD, Bolt-On R6S Headers, Lights

3K views 22 replies 5 participants last post by  ChouDawg 
#1 · (Edited)
06+ R6 OEM & Aftermarket Parts - Track Fairings, Candy Red Solo Cowl, Light

All sold

#13 ·
Re: 06+ R6 OEM & Aftermarket Parts - Bazzaz Z-Fi, SpeedoDRD, Bolt-On R6S Headers, Lig

So this header would fit on an '08 R6r and would be the same as buying the older style header for when doing full exhaust so it doesn't have the honey comb and what not? I never got to do exhaust on my R6 before I sold it, but I'm doing my friend's while she's at basic so I'm just making sure I got the whole exhaust situation for the R6 correct since I've only read a few posts on it. Also, what do I need to run it properly since there's no O2 bung? PCV or Bazzaz? Or can you get an O2 plug in that sends it a false signal, like a car? Thanks in advance, and sorry for all the questions haha. If it'll work good, I'm paypal ready.

#14 ·
Re: 06+ R6 OEM & Aftermarket Parts - Bazzaz Z-Fi, SpeedoDRD, Bolt-On R6S Headers, Lig

So this header would fit on an '08 R6r and would be the same as buying the older style header for when doing full exhaust so it doesn't have the honey comb and what not? I never got to do exhaust on my R6 before I sold it, but I'm doing my friend's while she's at basic so I'm just making sure I got the whole exhaust situation for the R6 correct since I've only read a few posts on it. Also, what do I need to run it properly since there's no O2 bung? PCV or Bazzaz? Or can you get an O2 plug in that sends it a false signal, like a car? Thanks in advance, and sorry for all the questions haha. If it'll work good, I'm paypal ready.
Yes, it will fit on the '08 R6V/R/Non-S; however I've read the fairings are narrower by the headers on the 08+ so you may want to wrap the mid section or add some insulation. I ran it with a Bazzaz system that I sold already, any piggyback ECU that disables the O2 will work. Or you can get an O2 bung welded on for like $10 at any muffler shop. Either way running a honeycomb-less header like this you're gonna be running leaner, since it'll be less restrictive so optimally you'll want to tune accordingly like for a full system. Not sure about the false signals, never tried that. No worries at all about the questions let me know if you have anymore.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.