Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

My passenger plugs

4K views 46 replies 19 participants last post by  ToSweet 
#1 ·
so i didn't feel like paying for plugs but i was sick of seeing the gaping holes back there. this was inspired by my boy, amer (akhoury28 on here). cost me 7 bucks total cuz i had to buy a huge sheet of the chicken wire. 97 cent can of paint and you have some white wire to match...

i also added a pic of the bike with all decals removed :YEA

Attachments

See less See more
#3 ·
I like it! no chickens getting up there now:lmao

#6 ·
yeah i was gonna trade it in for a car to help with my credit and bills. i was able to work some things out and make the focus more reliable (saves the car payment and allows me to keep the bike). now im looking to unload just the 08 250 i have

#13 ·
Yessir. I'll let you know as soon as I get the other tires ordered. I guess I just need to decide if I wanna go with the BT003 locally or spend an extra $20 for the Q2 online.. might even get them ordered before the wedding.

#27 ·
haha pretty cool Danny, clever!

#29 ·
Looks good man, Bike looks much better without the decals too...

#31 ·
do you mean smaller pattern of wire or smaller pieces to buy?

the only wire i saw that was a smaller pattern was in the really expensive rolls. i imagine if you pick some up at autozone or some car store where they sell "mesh" for grill covers you could get different patterns

#43 ·
Not too shabby...for those asking for a smaller pattern...try a craft store. I bet you can find small sheets for a pretty cheap.

Like the look without the decals...figure I'll leave mine on until I get the itch to do something and don't have money...free mod! LOL.

#45 ·
This gives me an idea. One could take that chicken wire, semi form in to the the opening of the hole and the contour of the undertail. Cover it with fleece and fiberglass over it to get an actual "plug" and could be painted to match. May have to try this.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.