Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

Rubber shift rod boot leaves black mark on white shoes. Alternatives?

7K views 40 replies 27 participants last post by  ak2007r6 
#1 ·
Are there aftermarket shift rod boots (the rubber grip)? The stock one leaves black marks on shoes, particularly white ones. I may have not found any due to using the wrong words to describe this "boot". If so, are they easy to pull off and put on? I'd assume they're just held on by some adhesive.

Thanks in advance,

#14 ·
:gives It gives your white BOOTS character, it makes your AIR FORCES look dumber than you do riding with Forces in the first place. :fact

Sexy Daineses by the way.

#34 ·
I just replaced the orig rubber boot with the rubber grip from a Zebra Z-Grip Max ball point pen. It fits absolutely perfect. And the pack of pens I had came with 2 black, 1 red and 1 blue pen with matching rubber grips. I put the red one on, so if it starts to mark my shoes I should know fairly quickly. I doubt it will though. Here's a link to the exact make and model of pen....

http://www.google.com/products/cata...gKTuPrEbGz0AGk4_x5&ved=0CEcQ8wIwBA#ps-sellers

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.