Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

Fast n Furious LOL

1K views 9 replies 6 participants last post by  edcase 
#1 ·
Just threw in some cold cathodes. My mate bet me I couldn't do it and it'd look shit. Well I did an I think it looks good.

I mounted a flushmount switch on the ram air cover so they are not always on.

See less See more
#4 ·
i was thinkin of doin a CCFL setup also...how many did you use and where did you put them (i can think of 4 maybe 5; front, rear, sides, maybe bottom) also how did you do the wiring....better yet why don't you make up a "how-to" thanx

#5 ·
7 CCFL's switched through 1 switch flushmounted on the ram air cover. The inverters are beneath these for the side/front CCFL's and under the seat for the Suspension tail CCFL's. I used voltage regulators for each inverter. 4 in all.
Wiring is simply 12 from the battery to one side of switch. From there split to each inverter. Each inverter has its own 7812 voltage regulator because bike makes 14 volts while running. Didn't want to risk the inverters.

#6 ·
so lets see...1 in front, 1 on each side, 2 under tail and...2 on bottom? i can see more or less where the first 5 are but not the last 2 (because i can't see bottom of bike)

#7 ·
1 tail under rego plate
1 just behind battery tray above suspension
Inverter for these under seat
2 on each side 1 vertical in front of vent 1 horizontal below
1 on under & behind ram air ducts on front
Inverters for these 2 under left ram air cover with switch 1 on right

All up 7

Still to be done
I am going to spray headers with high temp silver and put 1 more in the vertical bit of the small v shaped fairing on lower front.
Blue LED's behind all the smaller vents in the fairings and 2 maybe 4 drilled and mounted in the ram air ducts shining out of the front duct.

#8 ·
so why didn't you put any along the bottom?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.