Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

New dude in need of veteran help!

1K views 9 replies 8 participants last post by  R6_Tweeka 
#1 ·
I want an '03 or '04 R6, and I want it all black. Can the flames on the special edition '03 be taken off (i.e. are they decals?), or not? I know the '05 raven is out but I hate the red stripe on the wheels (or I could tell you the real reason - I'm in th military which means I have little to no $$$. Your thoughts anyone?

#3 ·
How much would a good paint job run me??

#4 ·
The '04 SE's flames are decals, but they extend all the way up onto the tank, unlike the '03... which obviously means I could remove all of the flames on an '04 EXCEPT those ones b/c they're under the tanks clearcoat, right?? (CAN I STRIP EITHER OF THEM TO MAKE THEM CLEANER ie just black...?)

#6 ·
I have a blue 04 and have taken all the decals off except the r6 on the back. The tank decals are under the clear coat so this winter I will have the tank painted. If you are in the military take to the paint shop where they respray the tanks and see if the guy can shoot the bike panels.

#8 ·
bikerboyr6 said:
If you are in the military take to the paint shop where they respray the tanks and see if the guy can shoot the bike panels.
I'm not in the military, but I worked for the consultant hired to do the exhaust engineering for the spray booths..., I think all tanks are painted in SW Cali..., so it'll depend on where he lives.

#9 ·
who cares about the color really?

why is the color of the bike such a big deal... i would look for a better deal on a good low miles bike thani would the color first cause the black bikes are gonna be expensive no matter what and since they arent a facotry color till this year your going to have to pay out the ass for someone that did it custom to their bike..... flames are for choppers if you ask me

but im also looking into getting a confederate cycles wrath so what does that say

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.