Auctmart Aftermarket Fairings 2016 Review - Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums
 1Likes
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 25 (permalink) Old 05-22-2016, 08:24 PM Thread Starter
My R6 owns me.

Bike: 09 Yamaha R6
Auctmart Aftermarket Fairings 2016 Review

I’m new on this forum and just got my 09 R6 last year. Like many people who decide to go aftermarket fairings, I laid my bike down and really didn’t want to pay big money on OEM fairings or go through the hassle of buying piece by piece used. I heard about Auctmart from this forum but was a bit skeptical at first since the last review for the 3rd gens was done over a year ago and there has been mixed reviews but in the end they were the best of what’s available based on my research so I gave it a shot.

I wanted to give a detailed review so I used MikeN02’s review from 2012 as a template since I really liked how his was laid out.

The Ratings:
• Communication: 9/10
• Design: 10/10
• Shipping Time/Packaging: 10/10
• Paint: 7.5/10
• Fitment: 7.5/10
• Fairing Material: 8/10

Communication (9/10)
Communication between myself and Auctmarts was great. I wanted to speak with someone on the phone before I wired them any money to get a better understanding of the process and the timeframe. Joe (guy I spoke with) was able to do that and was probably on the phone with me for a good 30mins explaining to me all the details. Emails were replied usually within a business day (keep in mind their time zone is roughly 12 hours ahead) and they constantly kept me up to date on the progress via emails.

Before the fairings were shipped, pictures of the finished product were sent to me.

Design (10/10)
Mine was a semi-custom design that was based on a design they already had but I wanted to make certain changes to it and they were very accommodative. I went into great detail in my descriptions of what changes I wanted since I can understand that English isn’t their primary language so I tried to make everyone’s lives a bit easier. I emailed them pictures of the specific designs that I wanted to add to my fairings and throughout the process they would send me updated renderings to ensure the design was exactly what I wanted. Several renderings later, it was off to the paint shop!

Pictures they sent me of the renderings and fairings before it was shipped out to give you an idea of what changed:

To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Shipping Time/Packaging (10/10)
The whole process of placing my order to me receiving the fairings out took about a month, which I was very impressed with. Below is a timeline of my order.

Order placed – November 12, 2015.
First rendering received – November 17, 2015 (keep in mind I respond to their questions about my designs within 12 hours to expedite the process)
Fairings completed – November 27, 2015.
Tracking number sent – December 7, 2015
Fairings received – December 16, 2015

The fairings came in two boxes which were very well packaged and nothing was broken/damaged upon arrival.

Picture of packaging upon arrival:

Paint 7.5/10
I’m by no means a paint expert but I can still tell when certain things aren’t right and colors aren’t matching. The paint quality is good but they couldn’t tell me what paint color they used so I had to bring the tank cover to a paint shop in an attempt to color match it for my tank. There were some imperfections in the paint such as dust spots, lines not being perfectly straight and the "ARTH" part of the word ABARTH was slightly pinkish white. Its not really noticeable unless you stare at it but I still wanted to point that out. The decals are all clear coated over.

Pictures of the imperfections and all pieces laid out at home:

Fitment (7.5/10)
The "Perfect Fit" series honestly is really close to OEM fitment. I’ve taken my fairings off completely (headlight to tail piece) twice last season (yeah I crashed a lot…) and compared to the OEM pieces this didn’t require that much more additional effort. Of course it wasn’t perfect and I had to dremel a few holes here and there but nothing that made me want to burn the fairings. My kit came with a screw kit but I had most my original screws/nuts/bolts so I tried to reuse those as much as possible.

Make sure to save your original grommets and washers, a lot of ones included in the screw kit don't fit!

Fairing Material (8/10)
The material feels a bit thicker/heavier than OEM and more brittle. They also aren't as flexible so don’t force them on when you're frustrated. If you force it, it will crack. I did wax the fairings twice before installation to hopefully improve its longevity. I also bought and applied aftermarket heat shielding (Moose Racing) to it instead of using the ones provided with the kit.

End Result (9/10)
Overall, I'm very happy with my fairing kit. The only addition I paid extra for was the rear seat cowling as I wanted to ensure it’s the same color. The order came with a free windshield (which I customized), screw kit, tankguard and heatshield.

Hopefully this review helps and course, pictures of the fairings installed!

Finney92 likes this.

2009 Yamaha R6

Performance Mods:
Graves Full SS Exhaust, BAUCE ECU Flash, Graves Block-Off Plates, K&N Air Filter, EBC HH Front Pads, Suspension Tune, Dunlop Q3 Tires
Cosmetic Mods:
Renthal Grips, Shorty Levers, Fender Eliminator, Flushmounts, Auctmarts Fairing Kit, Woodcraft Frame Sliders, Woodcraft Spool Sliders
Future Mods:
Galfer Brake Lines, Woodcraft Rearsets, 520 Conversion

Last edited by marty123; 05-23-2016 at 10:02 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 25 (permalink) Old 05-22-2016, 08:44 PM
My R6 eats me.

Bike: 2015 R6
Re: Auctmart Aftermarket Fairings 2016 Review

Looks great! Thanks for the review!
post #3 of 25 (permalink) Old 05-22-2016, 08:57 PM Thread Starter
My R6 owns me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hydrologist_jim View Post
Looks great! Thanks for the review!
Thanks!

2009 Yamaha R6

Performance Mods:
Graves Full SS Exhaust, BAUCE ECU Flash, Graves Block-Off Plates, K&N Air Filter, EBC HH Front Pads, Suspension Tune, Dunlop Q3 Tires
Cosmetic Mods:
Renthal Grips, Shorty Levers, Fender Eliminator, Flushmounts, Auctmarts Fairing Kit, Woodcraft Frame Sliders, Woodcraft Spool Sliders
Future Mods:

Last edited by marty123; 05-23-2016 at 04:50 PM.

post #4 of 25 (permalink) Old 05-23-2016, 04:27 AM
scared of big tracks

Bike: 07 R6, 09 R1

for the guys that think these are OEM fairings.

Bike looks good OP.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #5 of 25 (permalink) Old 05-23-2016, 12:55 PM Thread Starter
My R6 owns me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by smalltrack View Post

for the guys that think these are OEM fairings.

Bike looks good OP.
Thanks! When a whole kit costs less than a third of what OEM fairings would, you'd have to expect some imperfections. But honestly for under $500CAD I can't even complain. I was genuinely impressed with their fairings and people that's seen my bike in person have all said the same thing. Who knows though, maybe they made sure mine were done right since I told them I would be writing a review on it

2009 Yamaha R6

Performance Mods:
Cosmetic Mods:
Future Mods:

Last edited by marty123; 05-23-2016 at 04:51 PM.
post #6 of 25 (permalink) Old 05-23-2016, 08:31 PM

Bike: '14 R6

Hey Marty, 'preciate the time you took to write a detailed review, cheers!

Do you have to leave so soon? I was just about to poison the tea.
post #7 of 25 (permalink) Old 05-23-2016, 08:41 PM Thread Starter
My R6 owns me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldbonez View Post
Hey Marty, 'preciate the time you took to write a detailed review, cheers!

Anytime! This forum has helped me so much during my rebuilt that its only fair I return the favor.

2009 Yamaha R6

Performance Mods:
Cosmetic Mods:
Future Mods:
post #8 of 25 (permalink) Old 05-27-2016, 03:06 PM
Shut up Tucker

Thanks for the write-up and the time you took to do it. Hopefully people search this thread in the future!

Puig Dark Smoke Windscreen
Motodynamics Flush Mounts
Motodynamics Integrated Undertail
TST Industries Fender Eliminator
TWM Quick Release Gas Cap
Tech Spec Snake Skin
post #9 of 25 (permalink) Old 05-27-2016, 03:44 PM Thread Starter
My R6 owns me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raziel41 View Post
Thanks for the write-up and the time you took to do it. Hopefully people search this thread in the future!
Anytime! Hopefully it's helpful to anyone looking for aftermarket fairings.

2009 Yamaha R6

Performance Mods:
Cosmetic Mods:
Future Mods:
post #10 of 25 (permalink) Old 06-15-2016, 11:47 AM
I eat my R6

Garage

The majin sticker is the bees knees.

2015 YZF R6
2011 Ninja 650R

Quote:
Originally Posted by pickpocket293 View Post
I jutht made thith thweet wheelie... Did you thee it?!
Quote:
Originally Posted by CONVICTED FELON View Post
Sorry, I didn't mean to make it so difficult for you.

keks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.