Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

Thoughts on after market mirrors?

1K views 9 replies 6 participants last post by  getsuummm 
#1 ·
I just bought a set of aftermarket mirrors that have turn signals built in. While the flush mount turn signals look nice they don't do much as far as a visibility and a car headed towards you being able to see your turn signals. I did buy a cheap set so I am not going to complain about how cheap they are or how they came with no install instructions that tell you that you have to completely swap out the hardware.... the mirrors aren't as long as the stock mirrors so adjusting them to actually be able to see behind me is kind of a pain. overall still glad I chose to buy them because they do look nice and actually serve a purpose. Anyone else have any aftermarket mirrors?

#2 ·
I bought a pair with the led in the back and the one on the actual mirrors u can only see at night ofcourse. I can see perfectly fine, the only problem is that it is too weak so when ever i get on the highway..they end up moving positions which is a pain in the butt to continuously keep changing their positions after exiting the highway...im probably going to crazy glue it and call it a day lol.

#8 ·
ill get a pic up in a little. Just now leaving work. I like the overall look but they are very cheaply made. The seller I used on ebay is pushing me to accept a half refund because one of the mirrors has led's that don't work in it instead of exchanging them. Make sure to message the seller first to ask about how they handle exchanges

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.