Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

03-05 or r6s replacement rear seat

739 views 4 replies 5 participants last post by  r6rod 
#1 ·
Hi all and thanks for any help in advance. I made a rookie move the other day when the weather had broken and went out for a ride. Well when i stopped for a drink I forgot to latch my rear seat. went quite a long ways before I realized it was gone and alas had no luck finding it either. So my question is do any of you have any experience with any aftermarket replacements? brands such as Astra, Sanku, or Atpmtas. I know they're all cheap Chinese but all the OEM ones on ebay are beat to hell. Or if anybody has a oem seat thats in good condition I would be willing to buy! Thanks again guys!

#2 ·
Dude it's just a seat...i lost mine during the summer because someone had broken my lock...so i had to buy the whole new assembly and got me a chinese seat for $25 off ebay. It's still good and i dont think is any bad quality of leather either. I did notice that from time to time the nuts holding down the leather from the plastic under the seat comes loose so i have to keep tightening.

#3 ·
Type in "R6s seat" in eBay and pick the cheapest one. There all the same. They may say "unspecified brand" or "no brand". They all coming from the same factory. Just different eBay sellers. There good enough quality and no one will know the difference. But like tones said about the bolts... Best to take them off, a drop of locktite and your good as new

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.