Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

Will The R1 Front Wheel Fit The R6? Answer is: YES!

6K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  TurboBlew 
#1 · (Edited)
Not too long ago, I began searching high and low for an extra set of wheels for track duty. I ride a '12 R6, and so I was shopping for the same wheels to match. I found a really great deal on a rear wheel, so I picked it up. Then I began hunting down the front, and I came across a really good deal, but there was a catch. It was for an '09 R1, but the seller said he was sure it would fit a '06+ R6. Well, I picked it up after doing some research and searching, and although the end product is slightly different out of the casting, the dimensions are all the same essentially. When installing it, just use the spacers for your R6, and everything works fine. I also mounted a set of R6 rotors as I believe the R1 rotors may be a different size.

This is conformation that you can run the '09-'14 (possibly '06-'08 as well) R1 front wheel on an R6.

#4 ·
yes the wheels all the way back to 2003 will work. Just need to use the model specific hardware. I put together a nice
set of after market wheels for my R1 for about the cost of a nice set of stock ones.
The R6 will not accept a 6" rear without a swingarm swap.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.