Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

gytr on 03-05 question

672 views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  djomlas 
#1 ·
when you say loud, just how loud is it?
i looked at some videos that people posted, and it seems a bit too loud for my taste, i think, as i have not heard on in person, but i really like the look of the thing.
is there a way to quiet it down in any way?
any help would be appreciated.

#2 ·
When you say GYTR on an 03-05, are you talking about the ACTUAL system that belongs on an 03-05, or are you talking about the stubby that belongs on an 06-08V?

I have heard both.

If you buy the one that is made for the 03-05 or 06S-08S. They actually sound very nice. Good deep tone, and screams up top.
If you're talking about the stubby for the 06V-08V, then you are talking about LOUD AS HECK, and sometimes annoying. I would steer you away from the stubby *on an 03-05* it is REDICULOUSELY Loud. Probably somewhere near 115 db. Just one more reason to attract attention to yourself from the cops. (not really what I look for when I'm out on a ride)

#3 ·
I like the gytr shorty on my 03.I am not worried about the cops.I have the shorty,no license plate light, and my late is just slapped on the underside of the tail section.But it is really loud.It hasnt gotten annoying yet.I love it,however,if you dont like being heard a mile away then i wouldnt say go with it.

#4 ·
yeah im talking about the stubby one, not the one made for 03-05.
thx for the answers guys, i dont like loud/annoying, and dont like attention.
i had a car with v8 and straight pipes and got pulled over by local 5-0 on daily bases, im done with that heheh

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.