Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

Keychains show-n-tell

28K views 212 replies 94 participants last post by  ChiefSmokeDawg 
#1 ·
Post up all your goofy to badass keychains. I wanna get a new one and I wanna see what you guys are sporting these days. :eek5 Post em up, I know you got em!!!

I guess this could be categorized as an 'appearance mod' :D

-saint

#3 ·

#8 ·
Always thought these were cool, just had to get one. And no scratches on my triple tree here!

#19 ·
Spare and Master (red key + tag) are kept in my closet

Main key only has a ring connector so I can attach it to the rest of my keys. The parkade gate remote stays in my pocket when i ride because it scuffs the tripple tree

#21 ·
Here's my keychain. First pic... everything is together. There's a 3-part connector.

This is the bike stuff. Remote for the alarm, key for the Xena disc lock, and the euro key:

Here's my truck stuff. Remote entry/starter and ignition key:

Here's my house keys. Dog tags are from past pet dogs. The silver rectangle is the key tag for my '04 R6 that was stolen.... That's all I have let except for the owners manual:

#22 ·
suckers, got my "euro" key for free cuz i live in Canada.

#29 ·
Hey how do you guys get the euro keys to work on your bikes if they are already cut? Also will they work on 03+ models? I could really use a better key mine is slightly bent.

#31 ·
ahh wasn't even thinking of blanks being used..touche! I'll have to try to locate one maybe.

#33 ·
Ya I was thinking about the Euro-key too. They look kinda cool and from what little I've read they have a chip inside that kills the bike unless it started with the real key. A little extra protection never hurts.
:dunce: :rocket

-saint
my 2008 (Canadian) comes with the euro keys and yes, they do have a chip inside. The chip is for the immobilizer in the bike. I doubt you'll get that part of it to work unless you swap out the ignition or something even more perhaps.

When you buy the bike they give you 2 keys and a red master with the number tag. If you lose the red key you have to completely re-key the bike.

here's mine (again)

#39 ·
Haha we have the same keychain. eBay?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.