Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

driven red rear sprocket

3K views 12 replies 8 participants last post by  R6 Candy 
#1 ·
does anyone have one of these on there bike? or does anyone know if they tend to fade after a while like the vortex cat5's do? thanks

#3 ·
i've seen them in person before while i was at cyclesector and they look great, but it will definitely not match your chain / nuts / other parts on the bike thats red as it is more of a deep red, almost candy, due to the anodizing process. it may fade very little, but not as much with the proper cleaning every once in awhile.

#4 ·
wel i have the candy red 07 r6 with chrome rims...thats y i wanted to go with the red sprocket and gold chain. i dont think black would look too good with the chrome rims but idk. the red sprocket i think would go good with the paint i just dont want it to fade.

#5 ·
I have the Driven sprockets and a DID chain. I have noticed no fade at all on my sprocket. Try Motomummy, they have the best price on them.

#6 ·
no matter what pictures you've seen or what people tell you about the shade it's not relevant as with anodizing it changes per batch. sometimes they are a dark red and sometimes they are a very light red and kinda pinkish. It all depends on the anodizing batch and it's even harder with sprockets as they are also hard anodized unlike other metals that are anodized a certain color.

#7 ·
true to what corey says... with anodizing... its hard to control the amount of pigment that gets soaked into the metal during the curing/sealing state. it all varies per batch.

either way... it'll be hard to get any sort of anodized product to match something that isn't anodized, unless it was from the same batch. best is to just go black.

#9 ·
Just go Black!!!!!!!! It goes with everything!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.