Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

06-08 throttle bodies

5K views 17 replies 8 participants last post by  05Yamabomber 
#1 · (Edited)

#6 ·
I have changed everything, the problem is the tank doesnt fit and the bike doesnt start

The fuel pump comes on but no crank.

I was tols this is a common swap the r6 guys do so im looking for advice. If its never been heard of before then i'll just change it back to the 06 stuff.
Check all of your connections, make sure they are all plugged in. The tank is different as well so I guess you will need an 08+ tank too.

#15 ·
This mod im doing is for a full race bike so were trying to squeze out every bit of power we can. The bike has everything else you can think of.

We just want this to work, has anyone done this before? And do you forsure have to change the tank?
Nah, if it had every mod you could think of it would have a KIT ECU and would no longer use those throttle bodies. ;)

#17 · (Edited)
I would definitely like to know how this went. I used to have an 09, so strong. I just bought an 06 and there is a serious lag/flat spot mid range on this bike. I havent put a full system on it or installed a power commander (just bought it), but spending the money for this mod seems worthy.. from knowing the differences pretty well between the two bikes, i think these items would be needed to complete. Please chime in what items i missed:

08 Throttle bodies
08 Air intake
08 gas tank
08 ECU
08 wiring harness
08 front seat
For street riding (08 tail)

This is what the list is required to upgrade your intake from an 06, to an 08.

Have you done it cheaper?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.