Laugh now, cry later
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: La Belle Province
Bike: 03 R6, 04 Z1000
Re: Winterizing my bike?
I've read alot before my ''first'' winterizing.
Here's the advices I can give you :
1) If it's not a heated garage, remove your battery and put it inside on a battery tender OR charge it once a month. Tenders are highly recommended because you can let it plugged all winter without touching it
2) If it's a heated garage, leave the battery in your bike and plug it on a tender
3) You don't need to put fuel stabilizer since it will only be parked for 3 months but you can still do it (I personnally don't, I've never had any problems. Just make sure your tank is full and your fuel doesn't have any ethanol in it.)
4) Be sure the bike is straight (buy stands, it's a good thing to have). Put wood planks under your wheels so they touch a little. Leaving a suspension completely deployed is not a good idea.
5) Do not start your bike it if it's not storen in a heated place. It will only harm it.
6 and last) When summer comes, make sure to change the oil before starting your bike, as the residues will all be in the bottom of your engine. Some don't do this, but I prefer not taking chances and giving my bike fresh blood!
Current bike : Z1000
Shortened oem slip-on, K&N filter and PC3, rizoma levers, sprocket kit
Old bike : YZF-R6
MJS shorty slip-on, K&N filter
why when i put the straight pipe on a i rev it to like 5 or greater RPM the bike turns off??
Last edited by Thecca; 08-02-2012 at 06:07 AM.