Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

Clutch: DIY or Shop

1K views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  sdtraviesosd 
#1 ·
Hey Guys, just looking for some input. I want to change my clutch at the end of this season(its starting to engage fairly rough and jerky). I have an '05 R6. I'm not extremely experienced with bikes but I know mechanical basics and have broken my bike down a few times. I've changed my ignition coils + spark plugs, sync-ed by throttle bodies, as well as some other basic stuff. I've watched a few online videos for changing the clutch and it doesn't look that difficult.

What are your guys' thoughts? Is this something I should do by myself and if so does anyone have any tips?? Thanks guys.

-Mike

#2 ·
If you can follow directions you can change out a clutch yourself. There is so much information on the internet on this subject that there will likely be a solution to any problem you may run into along the way. So I would not pay a shop to do it. I'm pretty sure there is a "How-To" on the forums for this that will probably cover everything you need to know. Can't offer any tips because I have not done it myself yet, but read the How to a couple times.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.