Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

How to make your own Bazzaz map switch (discretely)

12K views 14 replies 11 participants last post by  ReauDog 
#1 ·
Bazzaz owners have the ability to add on a switch that will allow users to instantly switch maps. You can buy there switch from bazzaz here: http://www.bazzazperformance.com/index.php?page=shop.product_details&category_id=22&flypage=shop.flypage&product_id=125&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=26

Now, it is very easy for bazzaz owners to enable this feature without purchasing this product for $79+ dollars. Please note that in his tutorial, I aimed to hide the switch because of a personal preference.

How?

There is a plug on the bazzaz unit with a brown wire loop. When that loop is broken, it will go to map "2". When it is completed (the way is from factory) it is on map "1".

What you need

1)You need a toggle switch like this one:

2)Several feet of a high gauge wire:

How to

Step 1) Remove the right center fairing:

Step 2) Create a hole for the switch:

Step 3) Run two, separate wires to the switch:

*Note, some switches contain more than one prong. Make sure you wire it right! What we need the switch to do is break the circuit, and complete the circuit with a flip of the switch*

Step 4) Install switch:

Step 5) Install fairing and run wire to bazzaz unit

Step 6) Disconnect the plug that came on the bazzaz unit, cut the brown wire on that plug in the middle, and splice into the new wires:

Step 7) Now plug it back in:

Step 8) Bolt everything back up:

:moon

See less See more
#15 ·
I know this thread is old as hell, but i'll comment anyway. Switches should go on the LEFT side of the bike, only because you don't wanna take your hand off the throttle/Brakes to flip them on or off.

carry on.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.