R6 Forum Chat/Respect Thread version 14.1 - Page 389 - Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums
 2636Likes
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #3881 of 58546 (permalink) Old 12-12-2012, 09:45 PM
When in doubtThrottle out
 
mercenary's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Vagrant currently squatting
Posts: 5,013
Bike: Always Under Construction
Re: R6 Forum Chat/Respect Thread version 14.1

Quote:
Originally Posted by StockBiker View Post
Why would you need sights of ANY kind when firing breaching rounds?


And yeah...we're on two completely different pages with our usage...no need to be a dickhead.



If you're shooting clays or birds, you want to focus on the target, not the sight. You point a shotgun, you don't aim it. Slugs and such are a completely different story.
The compressed tungsten rounds that are designed for breaching are also a fantastic frangible slug.

Not being a dickhead, just didn't sound like you understood what cross dominant meant since you were stating the difference in ability to shoot shotgun vs. rifle as a cross dominant shooter.

2009 YZF-R6
2010 Ninja 250

MCRA/CCS#81


Quote:
Originally Posted by doctorv
I was wrong.
Quote taken 7-16-15 @ 0640CDT
mercenary is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #3882 of 58546 (permalink) Old 12-12-2012, 09:45 PM
Make noise.
 
StockBiker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Washington
Posts: 12,078
Bike: The kind with pedals...
Re: R6 Forum Chat/Respect Thread version 14.1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan5544 View Post
Also, I'll have you know you gun toting maniac, we Canadians, are a very learned people...


.... On methods of killing a moose. Not our neighbors. *OHSNAP*


Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle.com Free App
What about if your neighbor is the size of a moose.





Seriously...that bitch is HUGE.

RESPECT Jason Jones
2/23/87 - 11/4/11


Drawing by me, sig by GIJoe007.
StockBiker is offline  
post #3883 of 58546 (permalink) Old 12-12-2012, 09:46 PM
Yeah Science!
 
wutsup's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Virginia
Posts: 7,323
Bike: gixxer chrome edition
Re: R6 Forum Chat/Respect Thread version 14.1


Chris
08 Track R6 RIP
Quote:
Originally Posted by RC51 View Post
Then you need worse brakes, not better ones. I suggest adding some air to your lines and spraying your pads with wd-40 before you go out. You'll find all kinds of corner speed.
wutsup is offline  
post #3884 of 58546 (permalink) Old 12-12-2012, 09:46 PM
Suk it, Lee
 
Ryan5544's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 19,068
Quote:
Originally Posted by StockBiker View Post
What about if your neighbor is the size of a moose.





Seriously...that bitch is HUGE.
... Then you take that bitch out.

And make her into sausage. (after violating her corpse, obviously)


Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle.com Free App
Ryan5544 is offline  
post #3885 of 58546 (permalink) Old 12-12-2012, 09:47 PM
Yeah Science!
 
wutsup's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Virginia
Posts: 7,323
Bike: gixxer chrome edition
Re: R6 Forum Chat/Respect Thread version 14.1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan5544 View Post
... Then you take that bitch out.

And make her into sausage. (after violating her corpse, obviously)


Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle.com Free App
You would say something like that.

Chris
08 Track R6 RIP
Quote:
Originally Posted by RC51 View Post
Then you need worse brakes, not better ones. I suggest adding some air to your lines and spraying your pads with wd-40 before you go out. You'll find all kinds of corner speed.
wutsup is offline  
post #3886 of 58546 (permalink) Old 12-12-2012, 09:51 PM
Hell's coming with me!
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Tombstone, AZ
Posts: 17
Re: R6 Forum Chat/Respect Thread version 14.1

Quote:
Originally Posted by wutsup View Post
uhh I thought you were suppose to focus on the front sight post? Well what do I know, I'm still learning
You don't aim a shot gun, you point it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by StockBiker View Post
Why would you need sights of ANY kind when firing breaching rounds?


And yeah...we're on two completely different pages with our usage...no need to be a dickhead.



If you're shooting clays or birds, you want to focus on the target, not the sight. You point a shotgun, you don't aim it. Slugs and such are a completely different story.
This.



Back in the day I used to be pretty good at sporting clays.. It's been quite a few years though. *le sigh*
Kurt Russell is offline  
post #3887 of 58546 (permalink) Old 12-12-2012, 09:53 PM
Make noise.
 
StockBiker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Washington
Posts: 12,078
Bike: The kind with pedals...
Re: R6 Forum Chat/Respect Thread version 14.1

Quote:
Originally Posted by mercenary View Post
The compressed tungsten rounds that are designed for breaching are also a fantastic frangible slug.

Not being a dickhead, just didn't sound like you understood what cross dominant meant since you were stating the difference in ability to shoot shotgun vs. rifle as a cross dominant shooter.
Sorry there, skippy...but this isn't my first time around the block. Besides, the first time you chose to interject was before anyone said anything about rifles, so your statement is invalid. I'm fully aware of what cross dominance is, as I am in that situation myself, and have been shooting since a lot of people on this forum were in diapers.

RESPECT Jason Jones
2/23/87 - 11/4/11


Drawing by me, sig by GIJoe007.
StockBiker is offline  
post #3888 of 58546 (permalink) Old 12-12-2012, 09:57 PM
Coo, eat ****!
 
Mac7504's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Downey, CA
Posts: 19,479
Bike: 08 R6S + 08 R6LE
Re: R6 Forum Chat/Respect Thread version 14.1

Quote:
Originally Posted by wutsup View Post
uhh I thought you were suppose to focus on the front sight post? Well what do I know, I'm still learning
Get a red dot and focus beyond the front sight, focus on the target (at least with HWS)....Ohhhh scatter gun; get some lasik - cockeyes.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurt Russell View Post
You don't aim a shot gun, you point it.



This.



Back in the day I used to be pretty good at sporting clays.. It's been quite a few years though. *le sigh*
:Squintyeyes:
Mac7504 is offline  
post #3889 of 58546 (permalink) Old 12-12-2012, 09:57 PM
Yeah Science!
 
wutsup's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Virginia
Posts: 7,323
Bike: gixxer chrome edition
Re: R6 Forum Chat/Respect Thread version 14.1

So........back to my initial question, Maverick, 500, or 870? All of them are in my price range($200-$350)

Chris
08 Track R6 RIP
Quote:
Originally Posted by RC51 View Post
Then you need worse brakes, not better ones. I suggest adding some air to your lines and spraying your pads with wd-40 before you go out. You'll find all kinds of corner speed.
wutsup is offline  
post #3890 of 58546 (permalink) Old 12-12-2012, 09:58 PM
Yeah Science!
 
wutsup's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Virginia
Posts: 7,323
Bike: gixxer chrome edition
Re: R6 Forum Chat/Respect Thread version 14.1

Quote:
Originally Posted by mac7504 View Post
Get a red dot and focus beyond the front sight, focus on the target (at least with HWS)....Ohhhh scatter gun; get some lasik - cockeyes.....
FUUUUUUU! I do need eye surgery.........I've been wearing glasses since 2nd grade yuk:

Chris
08 Track R6 RIP
Quote:
Originally Posted by RC51 View Post
Then you need worse brakes, not better ones. I suggest adding some air to your lines and spraying your pads with wd-40 before you go out. You'll find all kinds of corner speed.
wutsup is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.




Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
R6 Forum Chat/Respect Thread 12.7 Illernoise Off Topic Talk 6173 07-26-2012 01:35 PM
R6 Forum Chat/Respect Thread 12.4 babymilo36 Off Topic Talk 9011 04-16-2012 08:24 PM
R6 Forum Chat/Respect Thread 11.0 m3lover1 Off Topic Talk 8340 11-10-2011 02:11 PM
R6 Forum Chat/Respect Thread 9.0 Illernoise Off Topic Talk 6995 09-08-2011 06:52 PM

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome