Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

Wheelie Suspension setup

12K views 30 replies 11 participants last post by  njk27 
#1 ·
Hey all, is there a suspension setup that will make it easy to pul the bike up in a wheelie. I can't hardly get my R6 up unless it's in 1st and @ 7k rpm. really hard in second gear. I know on my dirt bike , if I loosen up the rear, it will stand up pretty easy.

#3 ·
R6_red-rocket said:
Hey all, is there a suspension setup that will make it easy to pul the bike up in a wheelie. I can't hardly get my R6 up unless it's in 1st and @ 7k rpm. really hard in second gear. I know on my dirt bike , if I loosen up the rear, it will stand up pretty easy.
I duno, but when my gf lets loose in the rear, i can get it up. :naughty :boob

#4 ·
i heard that if you stiffin up the rear and make the front rebound at max it will come up quicker.
im not sure so don't quote me on it, i just pull them up with whatever setting im at. I am going to go by trial and error to find what works best for me cause im sure that if you play with it you will find a system that works for you.

#6 ·
ive ridden with 6's and they pull them up in second with no clutch, so saying that they don't have enough power i don't think is totally accurate. but dropping a tooth in the front and adding two in the rear will work for sure. i think you loose top end speed though.

#7 ·
R919 said:
i think you loose top end speed though.
Not really. I know my bike won't redline in high gear, so re-gearing wouldn't really lose that much (if any). Besides, if you're REALLY concerned with top speed, then get a bigger bike. Re-gearing the R6 is really not a bad idea, it acts more like the 1 Liter except it doesn't pull on the top end like the bigger bikes. I know my buddy's Fireblade just stands right up in second and third with a twist of the throttle, that's pretty much what the R6 will do when you re-gear it. The only real draw back is having to shift more often at lower speeds - not that big of a deal though.

Actually, when you think about it a Re-Gear costs about $200, but on the other end of the spectrum, to pick up enough power to NOT have to re-gear is a considerable amount more duckets.

#10 ·
suekie said:
If you can't get a wheelie in second gear on a R6, you shouldn't be riding wheelies at all...
That's an ignorant statement. You make it sound like all R6s run the exact same in every part of the world. At higher elevations, the bike makes less power, which in turn, makes it a little harder to do wheelies in second gear. To tell someone they shouldn't be riding wheelies, because they are having trouble doing it in second gear is just stupidity on your part and I'm sure your first wheelie on a bike was just a beautiful "2 miler", NOT.

njk27 said:
yeah regearing also messes p your speedometer and odometer
Do you HAVE to "piggyback" on EVERY single post?

#16 ·
NoLegs said:
RSixxr said:
Damn dude give it a break.....no need to be bustin his balls....from now on when you speak we'll just stop posting cuz you've answered all questions..... :roll:
But you just posted after me, that goes against what you just said. :roll:

Hey slap dick......i bet you did real well on the comprehension parts of youre proficiencies....."from now on...." means that after this one last post .......

and yes i did just break my new rule with this post but i had to clarify this for you because it was bugging me that you could not understand what i typed...

have a good day

#26 ·
Ok the entire second page of this thread is off topic, this guy is probably getting e-mail notifications thinking people are responding to his questions, then checks, and see's you complaining about each other. And the statement that re-gearing throws off your speedo (which in turn throws off your odo) is completely valid because if you get this person thinking about re-gearing his bike he should know hes going to need to invest in a speedo-healer as well to get accurate readings on his bike. Just give up the post whoring in peoples threads...

BE4TNUT

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.