Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

Suspension upgrade for an 09 r6

2K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  GRAVESPORT.com 
#1 ·
Hey guys,
Ive been racing my 2009 R6 for all of 2010 with standard suspension although it was set up for me i am now entering the australian championship in the superstock 600 class, so its time to get serious.
My class specifies that we can only change internals so no cartridge kits allowed sadly. Ive worked out with my weight (77kg) standard front and rear springs are right for me (according to racetech anyway) but i was wondering what i should do to upgrade my suspension the best way possible in terms of piston kits, valves etc. Ill do all the work myself i just need opinions on what i should go for. Im thinking racetech due to its price but considering ohlins also.
any help would be greatly appreciated.
cheers guys, i look forward to hearing from youi

#2 ·
If you are prepared to send your forks and shock over here to the US, then Graves Motorsports has a setup that will work great for that application. We can revalve your forks and shock with the stadard cartridges, and also provide optional springs and spring kits for your forks. Can you run aftermarket fork caps in your class? You may be interested in our fork cap kit. http://www.gravesport.com/Graves-Motorsports-R1-R6-Fork-Spring-Kit.html total cost with the tall front caps, revalve front and rear, and springs is just over $500.00.

Josh Herrin has tested this at a recent test and gave it great reviews. We also have a cap which replaces the OE cap on the shock in order to make servicing easier.

#4 ·
Are you sure that cartridge kits are not allowed? I know the AFM rules also state this for production classes, but cartridges are totally legal, and nearly everyone runs them. You may want to double check that, as fitting a 25mm cartridge would be a very simple and effective solution.

#5 ·
Many racing organizations in other parts of the world like Austraulia and Africa require the bike to retain the OEM cartridge and shock. This is one additional reason that we have developed the OEM settings that we have. We are spoiled here in the US, having such open range to use kits as desired and as budgets allow.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.