Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

lowering links

3K views 11 replies 8 participants last post by  zdawg8394 
#1 ·
Well recently went to go to get my bike lowered and they informed me that it's not as easy as I thought. How easy is it to install the lowering links? Not trying to go crazy low, I just need to lower it because I'm almost on tippy toes when the bike is at a stop. Any install videos out there?

#2 ·
You just need a way to support the rear of the bike other than from the swingarm. After that it's just undoing the bolts and swapping out the links. Simple stuff. It's also much easier if you remove the rear wheel first. If you've got fixed rearsets you can set the pegs on jackstands. If not, you'll have to get a little creative.

I'm almost on tippy toes when the bike is at a stop.
I still don't get why so many people say this is a problem. I've never been able to flat-foot my bikes. On my supermoto I AM on my tippy toes if both feet are down.

#3 ·
I still don't get why so many people say this is a problem. I've never been able to flat-foot my bikes. On my supermoto I AM on my tippy toes if both feet are down.
This. I can't flat foot any of my bikes. its a non issue.

But for the original question: its easy. Just put it on the kick stand and jack it up with a floor jack to take the weight off the shock. My wife's bike was lowered when we got it and I took the link out this way. Took about 5 minutes.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.