Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

Please help me setup my suspension for aggressive street riding

2K views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  brandx73 
#1 ·
I have had my 03 R6 for a little over a year now. I have not even attempted to adjust the suspension, as I suppose I have been more or less happy with it. Now that I have the skill to ride pretty aggressively, I would like to ensure that I have the proper setup.

I am 5'11 at 185 pound and running Dunlop Qualifiers (not sure if tires even help).

Anywho, can someone point me in the right direction in terms of setting up my suspension? I imagine there is a write up on this all over this board, and probably a good link bookmarked by one of ya.

thanks in advance.

#4 ·
set your sag front and rear according to those links. after that, dampening and compression are going to be for you to sort out. only you will know what feels right. take your time and you'll get it. remember to write down what your settings are now before you go making any changes. that way you have a starting point if you screw up. good luck.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.