Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

Error Code 14

39K views 13 replies 8 participants last post by  enriqc3 
#1 ·
I just changed my battery and now I'm getting a error code 14 on my display.

I looked in the service manual and it said it could be the "Intake air pressure sensor hose line". Intake air pressure sensor:hose system malfunction (clogged or detached hose). Intake air pressure sensor hose is detached, clogged, kinked, or pinched. • Malfunction in ECU

I think I may have knocked something loose. I am trying to fix it on my own but I think I am missing something.

Anybody got any suggestions? This is my first bike so all this is new to me.

2006 Yamaha R6

#2 ·
that's the "map" sensor. it uses the engine vacuum for timming and fuel trim etc.
it's mounted on the clutch lever side of the fuel rail and has a vacuum hose on it.
it may have come off when you were messing with the battery.

if you go to www.mrcycles.com and look up the parts diagram for your bike. look at diagram "intake 2" it's part #4. it shows you the proper hose routing etc also.
it might help.

follow the instructions in the service manual to erase the code.

#8 ·
btw for further ref turn your key off hold both buttons on your speedo and turn your key back on hold for 8 sec it will say detac or something hold 2 more sec the hit the top button on your speedo and go up to 62 hit kill switch on off and it will clear your codes

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.