Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

my 06 r6 build thread

4K views 10 replies 7 participants last post by  lopez95632 
#1 · (Edited)
wasnt looking to buy a bike anytime soon but it was a offer i couldnt have refused. long story short. guy had it, dumped it, his girl told him to sell it or shes leaving, he sold it to me as is. I have been looking for a track bike but didnt think id get one this soon. His original plan was to part it out so when i recieved it, it was in pieces. tank, subframe, most of the electrical was disconnected. I was taking a chance because i had no way to know if the motor was any good. the frame is crack free and so is the subframe so i bit the bullet and picked it up. took it to my buddies house and put about 2 hrs into putting stuff on (bs'ed alot also) connected all the electrical a vuala! fired up on the second go around! how it looked when we first got it running.

whats done:
-all eletrical in working order
-rearsets put back on and adjusted
-front brakes put back on and blead
-subframe put back on w/ passenger pegs

Things that need to be done:
-body work (put on what i have)
-look for lower fairings (both sides)
-find out where all these bolts go.
-further cleaning
-forkseals redone
-tuck electrical where it belongs

any and all suggestions help. never worked on this bike before, and will definetly have alot of questions.

See less See more
#3 ·
subbed for pics....looks like you got your hands full but it will be worth it in the end

#4 ·
Yeah, that looks like a legit project. If there was a track worth a damn in this state ( I dont know of one ) I'd love to have a play toy too. Thats gonna be a good time, glad to answer any questions I can.

#5 ·
I'm in the middle of a similar project myself. Rebuilding an 06 R6 that took a tumble. This is an excellent community to get answers and feed back. Awesome that you got it to fire up already! The rest is easy stuff. Good luck.

Dont know where you are located, I am not familiar with the Carolinas. These two tracks might be options for you. Sorry, I don't mean to thread jack.

http://www.carolinamotorsportspark.com/index.html

http://www.virnow.com/

#6 ·
lOl dont worry about it. Anyone have of pics of the 3rd gen naked? I want to figure out how all the wires are ran. Also where does the rectifier mount to? I cant figure it out. Im not sure if when im finished putting it back together ima keep it or sell as a stunt/track bike. People start saving your nickles and dimes and buy it off me!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.