Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

Tps adjustment

2K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  cheefar6 
#1 ·
I have an 07 R6, mods listed below in signature.

I am having a REALLY hard time getting the TPS (Throttle Position Sensor) set to where it needs to be. Every time I place the TPS on it will just sit reading 0 in the diagnostics, however I can twist the throttle at this point and WOT will rest at about 87-89. I know it should be sitting at 16-18 closed and about 107 open.

For the life of me I cannot get the TPS to mount at the closed range of 16-18, it is very frustrating, because this is a simple exercise. What in the world should I be doing to get this TPS into the right angle? I tried putting it on and twisting it back and forth with no avail. I tried presetting it then slipping it on with no avail.

I really feel like there is a trick, and I am just not doing it right. Can I get some words of advice?

#3 ·
hmm, the position you slide it in on is most important, twisting it later wont do much since you just spin around the shaft. I found i had to tilt it as far down on the right side as possible, and slide it on, i think i settled for 15 closed 98 open when i said **** it and gave up, i sat there a while like you trying to get it right..
hope that helps a little

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.