Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

Woodcraft Rearset Standard set work with GP shift?

6K views 24 replies 9 participants last post by  cbrkp 
#1 ·
Hey guys,

Just wondering if anyone has experience using Woodcraft rearsets for GP shift? After reading a couple of threads, it said that to use GP shift, you need to actually get the PULL QS. Just wanted to confirm if that is correct for any woodcraft users with any brand QS.

the other question is can you use the standard rearset kit for GP shift? If you notice the left side foot peg lever is exactly the same as GP shift, just adding the standard kit on top. the whole placement is the same size and very similar if not the same. Anyone ever run this setup?

pics below...

Standard woodcraft rearset...---note that the bottom whole is the same on the GP shift hole for shift rod placement. Only difference is the lever has the standard placement for the shift rod above.

GP shift rearset---note where the shift rod will go (at the bottom) comparing it to the first photo.

See less See more
#5 ·
I believe the only way you can is if you get a different shift lever from Woodcraft.

I just checked out mine, and if I'm not mistaken there isn't much clearance for the shift rod and shift arm, so with a new woodcraft lever the mounting point moves up the the top of the lever.

No worries .. I think they're like $30 from woodcraft. That's one of the great things about them is they'll sell you spares and most are interchangeable from bike to bike. We can almost ALWAYS rebuild someone's woodcraft rearsets after a get-off at the track by just collecting spares from other riders.

I'll post up a photo of mine.

#14 ·
Just did this with mine.

Gp shift rearsets

Dynojet qs

Ignore dynojet rods regarding rearsets from woodcraft( I have a and f rods for sale unused )

Their hi men joint things where your rod connects are opposing threads.

So call woodcraft and ask for their 8 inch rod with one male right hand threaded end and the other male left hand threaded,

Sent from my Motorcycle iPad app

#17 · (Edited)
Update:

Got my annitori in! :jump

Gonna be installing later today, im worried of the shift rod rubbing against the metal piece on the frame for GP shift...

Seems to be the same thickness as the woodcraft i have on meow...

#25 ·
wondering if ya'll can help me out. I want to run GP shift and have a PULL sensor. Which rearsets do I order from Woodcraft and how long of a shift rod required?

a tad bit confused as they have a standard rearset and a gp rear set.

do I order:

a. standard rear set with 8 inch rod with male threads on both ends?

or

b. GP shift rearset ? but would I then require a PUSH sensor? I have PULL sensor.

I went through the same thing with my cbr and got the wrong QS sensor. Don't want to do it again.

Annitori however doesn't matter in relation to which direction push or pull but I dont have one of those sensors. :(

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.