Brembo RCS19 Install Help - Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 90 (permalink) Old 11-25-2012, 04:50 PM Thread Starter
I eat my R6

Bike: 2009 Yamaha R1
Brembo RCS19 Install Help

I acquired the RCS 19 from Riders Discount and it came lightening quick. The problem I've encountered while installing is the gap that the Brembo provided banjo bolt has. I've attached a picture to help with the explanation process. It seems I cannot tighten down the bolt any more. I have fren turbo brake lines installed. Can anyone suggest a method to fix this? Did I receive the wrong Banjo bolt? Or am I doing this wrong? Thanks!

Last edited by image0r; 11-25-2012 at 05:01 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 90 (permalink) Old 11-25-2012, 05:00 PM
Avid Enthusiast

Bike: PEARL 6
Re: Brembo RCS19 Install Help

Wish I had Fren Turbo's....

post #3 of 90 (permalink) Old 11-25-2012, 05:26 PM
Just lean harder...

Bike: 07 R6s

Does the banjo bolt that came with the Fren Tubos not work? If its the same size and thread pitch i would just use the stock one or fren tubo one. And you should only need 3 crush washers, it looks like you have 2 stacked together under the the head of the bolt trying to make up the differance.

Modifications- PCV w/ Autotune, LCD, & Quick Shifter, GraveSport Slip-on, Slide Stops, K&N filter, Factory Pro +4 Ignition rotor, SuperFlare Velocity Stacks, AGG block off plates, Fren Tubo Type 4's, EBC HH Brake pads, 520 Driven Sprockets & EK ZZZ Chain, Penske 8987 shock, 07 USD Forks and Brakes in 05 Triples, ASV C5 Levers, Scotts Steering Damper, GYTR Carbon Chain Guard, GYTR Carbon Toe Guard, Canadian GYTR Frame Sliders, GYTR Carbon Tank Pad, BST Carbon Rear Fender, Competition Werks Fender Eliminator, UFO Integrated Tail Light, Metzler M5 D-Spec Tyres, Gilles Chain Adjusters & Lifters, Gilles Rear-sets, Powder Coated Passenger Rear-sets, GYTR Seat Cowl, SaddleMen Seat, Irate Customs Grill, Gregg's Flush Mount Signals, DDM 5K H.I.D.'s, Integrated Beltronics 985, and
post #4 of 90 (permalink) Old 11-25-2012, 05:34 PM
Yoga Pants Connoisseur

Bike: 2014 Grom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phrozen View Post
Does the banjo bolt that came with the Fren Tubos not work? If its the same size and thread pitch i would just use the stock one or fren tubo one. And you should only need 3 crush washers, it looks like you have 2 stacked together under the the head of the bolt trying to make up the differance.
Yeah, I tried using the Fren Tubo one and it didn't screw in. I originally used the washer, line, washer, line, washer on the banjo but it didn't work.

(I was helping him do the install)

CMRA #620
Wreck It Pandas #68

My 2008 R6 race build

post #5 of 90 (permalink) Old 11-25-2012, 05:41 PM
scared of big tracks

Bike: 07 R6, 09 R1

That's weird. Mine fit on just like it should.
post #6 of 90 (permalink) Old 11-25-2012, 05:42 PM
Just lean harder...

Bike: 07 R6s

Somethings not right, Looks like your doing it right. Either its the wrong bolt or it not threaded deep enough. You should never have to stack banjo washers.

Modifications- PCV w/ Autotune, LCD, & Quick Shifter, GraveSport Slip-on, Slide Stops, K&N filter, Factory Pro +4 Ignition rotor, SuperFlare Velocity Stacks, AGG block off plates, Fren Tubo Type 4's, EBC HH Brake pads, 520 Driven Sprockets & EK ZZZ Chain, Penske 8987 shock, 07 USD Forks and Brakes in 05 Triples, ASV C5 Levers, Scotts Steering Damper, GYTR Carbon Chain Guard, GYTR Carbon Toe Guard, Canadian GYTR Frame Sliders, GYTR Carbon Tank Pad, BST Carbon Rear Fender, Competition Werks Fender Eliminator, UFO Integrated Tail Light, Metzler M5 D-Spec Tyres, Gilles Chain Adjusters & Lifters, Gilles Rear-sets, Powder Coated Passenger Rear-sets, GYTR Seat Cowl, SaddleMen Seat, Irate Customs Grill, Gregg's Flush Mount Signals, DDM 5K H.I.D.'s, Integrated Beltronics 985, and
post #7 of 90 (permalink) Old 11-25-2012, 05:45 PM
Yoga Pants Connoisseur

Bike: 2014 Grom

Quote:
Originally Posted by xzpolskix View Post
That's weird. Mine fit on just like it should.
As did mine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phrozen View Post
Somethings not right, Looks like your doing it right. Either its the wrong bolt or it not threaded deep enough. You should never have to stack banjo washers.
Yeah, that's what I figured as well.

CMRA #620
Wreck It Pandas #68

My 2008 R6 race build

post #8 of 90 (permalink) Old 11-25-2012, 06:02 PM Thread Starter
I eat my R6

Bike: 2009 Yamaha R1

Sherman,
Look at the length of the Fren Turbo bolt vs the Brembo one supplied in the kit. It's too long.

Brad (Riders Discount) PM'd me back and said he will get with the Tech's first thing in the morning.
post #9 of 90 (permalink) Old 11-25-2012, 06:14 PM
track fiend

Bike: 14 D675R, 15 ST3RX, 15 R1

The thread pitch for the aftermarket Brembo M/Cs are 1.0, while OEM is 1.25.

That's odd that your Fren Tubos aren't installing properly. Normally this happens with Galfer and Goodridge lines because their banjos are thinner, in which case you'd have to use their banjo bolt (with proper thread pitch) in order for it to fit properly.

I have Fren Tubo Type 4s on my 09 R1 with a 19RCS and it fit properly, but I have a Ti banjo bolt. Can't remember if the Ti banjo bolt had the same specs as the Brembo bajo bolt though.

After doing some research on the R1 Forum, some members on their doubled up on crush washers. On my 09 R6, I doubled up on washers with the Galfer brake lines. Current set up is: Bajo bolt, two crush washers, left brake line, one crush washer, right brake line, two crush washers, 19RCS M/C. I haven't had any issues with it so far. Wish my bikes were here with me, otherwise I'd post some pics. Mind you went and bought new crush washers prior to install.

Edit: Here's one thread from the R1 Forum - http://www.r1-forum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=296084 You can even file down a few threads on the Brembo banjo bolt if need be.

Last edited by easbaysav; 11-25-2012 at 06:19 PM.
post #10 of 90 (permalink) Old 11-25-2012, 06:15 PM
I have 2 belly buttons.

Bike: '09 R6

If you are stuck on using the Fren Tubo bolt then I would recommend cutting some off the end of the threaded side. But now after looking at it, the thread patterns don't look the same. I hope you didn't fudge the threads inside the brembo...

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.