Stator bolts question - Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 11-25-2012, 07:12 PM Thread Starter
I eat my R6

Stator bolts question

I'm putting on my Woodcraft case covers and in the process of swapping the stator. Is there any reason I couldn't swap the OEM torx screws for equivalent allen head bolts? Just thinking ahead for when I might need to pull it all apart again. Don't want to deal with those BS torx screws again.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 11-25-2012, 07:17 PM
pin it to win it

Bike: 07 r6, 06 yz250f
Send a message via AIM to bryan j
Yea that's possible. Just find the thread pitch and you're good.

Go fast parts:
Pipercross race filter, Leo sbk slip on, 05 header mod, pcv, bauce racing ecu flash, agg smog block offs, quick turn throttle, 520 rk gxw chain -1-1 renthal sprockets, ebc hh pads
, Shorai battery.

Body:
Robby moto sbk rearsets, woodcraft clip ons & sliders, armor bodies sbk fairings, db screen, vortex v3 gas cap, keyless ignition mod, agg sbk res kit,

Support the forum Vendors
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 11-25-2012, 08:16 PM
FastForward Performance

Bike: Honda Z50
Re: Stator bolts question

If they are torqued and locktited properly, you might want to stick with the torx head...JMO
post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 11-25-2012, 08:20 PM
pin it to win it

Bike: 07 r6, 06 yz250f
Send a message via AIM to bryan j
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tdub View Post
If they are torqued and locktited properly, you might want to stick with the torx head...JMO

I prefer torx bit over allen.

Go fast parts:
Pipercross race filter, Leo sbk slip on, 05 header mod, pcv, bauce racing ecu flash, agg smog block offs, quick turn throttle, 520 rk gxw chain -1-1 renthal sprockets, ebc hh pads
, Shorai battery.

Body:
Robby moto sbk rearsets, woodcraft clip ons & sliders, armor bodies sbk fairings, db screen, vortex v3 gas cap, keyless ignition mod, agg sbk res kit,

Support the forum Vendors
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.