My R6 eats me.
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Sao Paulo - Brazil
Bike: Yamaha R6
Re: ECU Flashing Questions
I use flash-tune to flash my racing R6. It allows you to:
- Remove ECU
- Reduce Engine Braking
- Tune fuel maps (with or without PC map importing)
- Fuel Maps Fuel Injector Proportioning
- Ignition Timing
- Set Cooling Fan Temps
- Set Rev-Limiter Control
- Set ECU Based Quick-shifting (need extra hardware)
- Speedometer calibrations (based on %, sprocket ratio ou turn the speedometer into gear indicator -> what I use)
- Disable AIS, EXUP, O2 sensor
- Remove Electronic Throttle restrictions (it's in the high RPMs not low)
- Change Variable Stacks opening time
- And some other things
The downside is that it takes a long time to write to the ECU (same with YEC), so a lot of people use a Power Commander on top (even with YEC) so they can simply make fast changes on track, since you can do it in seconds with the bike running with PC.
Hope this helps.