Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

Stuck ignition

2K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  jeg_2006 
#1 ·
Came home from a ride when to lock the handlebars and the key wouldnt turn. Ok so I go to turn the key to the on postion back to off and try again key wont move to the on postion either.

So i remove key check make sure no bent teeth or anything still opens gas cap and rearseat. Insert try again samething ignition will no turn. Got out the spare key samething. Any ideas. Normaly i would just open up the ignition and take a look but my baby is only 1 week old. First brand new bike i have ever owned :)

I any ideas going to call the dealership on Monday as there not open on sundays. Thing is 1 weeks old any ideas if this will be covered under warrenty if they have to replace the ignition barrel. Dont like the idea of haveing to spend 250-300 on new ignition all ready

#4 ·
Well i took the bike to the dealership on Monday Morning its now Friday after noon. Called the dealership in the middle of the week service guy that is working on the bike was out for what seemed tobe a 2 hour lunch all 3 times i called he will be back in 15-20mins.

So i finally get ahold of him today. I should get my bike back end of next week. For a new Ignition 2 weeks come on that is just ridiculuos even more so since I only had the bike for 1 week when it frooze. I wasn't too upsed i didnt have all week since it pretty muched rained everyday but over the 3 day weekend i have a nice ride planed with a few of my mates. I whish there was another dealership closer this one isnt pleasing me too much.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.